Principal Systems Administrator – Secret Clearance
Principal Systems Administrator - Classified Access
Our client is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to contribute to the enhancement of their Cloud engineering practice. This role involves automating manual business and IT processes within Amazon Web Services (AWS) using Infrastructure as Code services like CloudFormation, CodePipeline, SSM Automation Documents, and Config Rules. As part of a dedicated Systems Team, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and refining a centralized DevOps CICD pipeline, covering a wide range of systems administration functions.
The mission of this role is to provide ongoing technical support, system administration, troubleshooting, and upgrades. Specifically, you will focus on Linux and Unix system administration to support the DevOps tool sets. Additionally, you will install, configure, support, and maintain middleware (e.g., JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, etc.) for the DevOps tool sets. You will collaborate closely with application and product teams to understand their automation requirements and implement an optimal CICD pipeline. Constantly seeking to improve the code quality, you will identify engineering defects in the existing code base. Support and collaboration with operational teams and stakeholder teams will be essential to ensure business continuity and customer satisfaction.
Other responsibilities include maintaining configuration and support documentation, managing project components, developing automation solutions through programming and scripting, working closely with software development teams to define and configure the DevOps CICD pipeline, incorporating AWS native cloud services and features to enhance performance and resilience, and contributing to the design, documentation, and publication of DevOps and cloud standards, principles, guidelines, and best practices. The ideal candidate will play an active role in maximizing the business value of the DevOps tool chain by researching new AWS offerings and services.
This position requires strong experience with AWS services for native cloud support of DevOps tools, operational support and DevOps technologies, and solid knowledge of Linux environments. A US citizenship and active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance and DHS Suitability are mandatory requirements. The candidate should also possess at least eight years of system administration experience and a bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical field. AWS Certification and experience with automated configuration management tools, SQL and NoSQL database management systems, Argo CD, and knowledge of STIX and TAXII specifications are desirable.
Join our dynamic team and contribute to cutting-edge cloud initiatives and automation practices!
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- Eight (8) or more years of system administration experience required.
- Experience building and configuring CI/CD pipeline for large and small scale systems.
- Experience designing and building container images using Dockerfiles or similar automated methods.
- Proven experience in Serverless Architecture and Containers orchestration tools such as OpenShift, EKS, Docker Swarm, ECS, Kubernetes.
- Develop and integrate highly complex DevOps pipelines including build automation, Infrastructure as Code, security, monitoring, logging, and alerting.
- Proficiency with application build and release processes and DevOps.
- Experience with Linux environments and AWS.
- AWS Certification is preferred.
- Experience with one or more of the following automated configuration management tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database management systems.
- Experience with Argo CD.
- Knowledge of STIX and TAXII specifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical field. (Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.)
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II.
- Relevant certifications desired (Red Hat, Microsoft, Oracle, Solaris, UNIX, etc.).