POSITION PURPOSE: Process Development Engineer
Assist in resolving operational issues at plant facilities and devise efficient and cost-effective solutions. Develop comprehensive design packages including equipment specifications and P&ID updates to implement necessary changes. Assist in overseeing project progress and ensuring timely completion.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Foster a solid understanding of processes involved in providing information to customers.
- Conduct thorough research to innovate and enhance ethanol manufacturing processes, encompassing P&ID and equipment specification development.
- Create material and energy balances for new and evolving processes with guidance from senior engineers.
- Collaborate with customers to design layouts and provide guidance in constructing, managing, and enhancing equipment for large-scale ethanol processes.
- Analyze operational procedures, equipment, and machinery to streamline processing time and reduce costs.
- Devise efficient processes to regulate the movement and storage of solids, liquids, and gases.
- Create measurement and control systems for ethanol plants based on data collected from laboratory experiments, pilot plant operations, and industrial scale procedures.
- Determine optimal arrangement of unit operations, striking a balance between process requirements, economic evaluation, operator efficiency, and safety considerations.
- Supervise workers operating and controlling equipment such as condensers, evaporators, pumps, columns, heat exchangers, valves, tanks, boilers, compressors, pipelines, and centrifuges to achieve desired chemical or physical transformations.
- Conduct tests and take measurements at various stages of production to assess control over variables like temperature, density, specific gravity, and pressure.
- Apply chemical engineering principles to tackle environmental challenges.
Education: A bachelor's degree in chemical engineering is required.