Production Planner (In-Person)
Are you ready to excel in a pivotal role within our dynamic production team? We are actively seeking a dedicated Production Planner to enhance efficiency, streamline processes, and ensure smooth operations throughout the production cycle. As a Production Planner, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and overseeing the production flow across the entire cycle. This role involves managing manufacturing work orders, optimizing production efficiency, and overseeing the supply chain for production materials. Working closely with internal teams and external partners, the Production Planner ensures seamless operations and delivers on internal financial objectives and customer deadlines.
· Analyze and evaluate production schedules, process flows, and relevant data to optimize production efficiency.
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to communicate product specifications, procurement requirements, and current production capabilities.
· Maintain regular communication with management regarding lean project status and implement Lean Six Sigma principles to improve production efficiency and meet performance targets.
· Prioritize workflow, taking into account factors such as production time, labor requirements, quality optimization, and resource utilization.
· Ensure adherence to safety and environmental regulations, cultivating a culture of safety among production staff.
· Supervise cycle counting activities to maintain accurate inventory records.
· Collaborate with procurement team to ensure timely acquisition of raw materials and packaging materials, following appropriate procurement procedures.
· Formulate and implement a monitoring system to secure competitive pricing for raw materials, packaging materials, and logistics services.
· Develop and manage relationships with suppliers, including selection, evaluation, and performance tracking.
· Create and maintain procurement plans and progress reports as needed.
· Identify opportunities for process improvement and optimize data management within the ERP software.
· Maintain inventory levels and lead continuous improvement initiatives to ensure accurate inventory management.
· Implement and uphold the 5s Visual Management System to improve workplace organization and efficiency.
· Fulfill any other duties assigned by management.
· Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations Management, or a related field is preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered if no degree is obtained.
· Prior experience in production scheduling, supply chain management, or procurement is required.
· Willingness to work in-person is essential for this role.
· Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and make informed decisions.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams.
· Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles and experience in implementing process improvements is desirable.
· Proficiency in ERP software and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.