Production Superintendent – 2nd Processing – 1st Shift
Production Supervisor - 2nd Processing - 1st Shift
Location: Accomac, VA
Responsible for overseeing the efficiency and effectiveness of the Second Processing Area during the day shift. This includes rehang and wings. Provides guidance, training, and coaching to supervisors as well as indirect guidance to hourly production associates. Works towards achieving company goals in production activities. Creates a safe working environment using approved processes. Promotes positive relationships with production and support staff to establish the company as the Employer of Choice.
- Develops and manages departmental operating budgets to maintain a competitive position in the industry.
- Ensures all operational plans are met, including yield, birds per man hour, pounds per man-hour, line efficiency, CSI, and QI requirements.
- Implements processes to reduce turnover, improve safety results, and create an environment that attracts top talent to the company.
- Provides ongoing training for supervisors to enhance their skills and improve the skill set of hourly production associates.
- Continuously seeks new ideas and methods to enhance operational performance, product quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Supports and promotes the company's annual goals through effective planning and communication, emphasizing the importance of efficiency and effectiveness.
A 4-year degree in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture, Engineering, or related field is preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered. Additional requirements include:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in poultry plant management.
- Knowledge of industry procedures such as HACCP, SPC, and plant efficiency relating to yield, lbs/birds pmh, line speeds, and automatic processing equipment.
- Ability to develop and implement protocols and processes.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and results-driven mindset.
- Problem-solving skills at both a strategic and functional level.