Professional Land Surveyor
Certified Geomatics EngineerYou have the flexibility to work from our Madison, Waukesha, Green Bay, or Kenosha offices. We also offer a hybrid work-from-home option.
Are you seeking a professional and collaborative work environment where your opinions matter? Do you enjoy using your engineering and technology skills to solve complex problems for local communities?
We are currently hiring for the position of Certified Geomatics Engineer.
If you have a strong desire to grow into a leadership role, this opportunity is perfect for you.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with project managers, team leaders, and clients to deliver exceptional surveying services. While the position is primarily based in our office, there may be some field work required, especially as you progress in your leadership responsibilities.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Here are some key responsibilities:
- Work directly with clients and project managers on surveying projects.
- Collect field data for various surveys, including boundary surveys, land divisions, topographic mapping, and utility and right-of-way locations. This data will be used in the preparation of survey maps and engineering plans.
- Review and prepare survey plats, CSMs, and legal descriptions, including conducting property record research.
- Utilize and provide training for modern survey equipment like UAVs, scanners, data collectors, robotic total stations, and GPS devices. We will provide training on any unfamiliar equipment.
- Have proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office software. Proficiency in Trimble Business Center is highly desirable.
- Assist in the preparation of design plans and construction staking data for various site, street, and utility projects.
- Perform office tasks such as data reduction and computations, digital terrain modeling and surface creation, survey map preparation, and quality control.
- Support the survey team leader with cost estimates, business development, proposals, and team communication.
We are looking for candidates who possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Geomatics Engineering or a related field, or an associate's degree with relevant experience.
- Certification as a Geomatics Engineer in Wisconsin, or the ability to obtain it.
- 2-3 years of project management experience (preferred but not required).