Project Manager – Capital Equipment Projects
A well-established International Manufacturer with over $900MM in global sales is currently seeking a skilled "Capital Projects Manager" otherwise known as Facilities Manager / Senior Mechanical Engineer for their growing operation in the vicinity of Nashville, TN. This position will be responsible for overseeing and leading various capital equipment projects aimed at upgrading the entire plant.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced individual with a strong mechanical aptitude in facilities / plant management to take charge of significant investment projects within a thriving manufacturing operation. The role provides excellent long-term career stability, a diverse range of technical challenges, and considerable exposure and visibility within the organization.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens as some of the company's work involves U.S. Defense Department projects and ITAR Rules will apply.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is required. While other engineering degrees may be considered, a strong background in mechanical engineering is crucial for this position.
- 10 – 20 years of engineering experience is essential.
- 5 – 10 years of experience in managing capital projects valued at $5 - $10 million is required. Demonstrated expertise in project tracking and the ability to see projects through from design to RFQ to execution is necessary.
- Proven experience supervising engineers and project managers.
- Demonstrated ability in reviewing and negotiating contracts.
- Experience in handling commercial projects.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting detailed schematics, drawings, and specifications for equipment and utilities (P&ID and equipment drawings).
- Efficient and effective troubleshooting skills, including training in root cause analysis.
- A participative management approach in problem solving, project implementation, and achieving continuous improvement objectives.
- Background in plant/facility maintenance support and experience with work order and maintenance systems would be advantageous.
- Experience with plant maintenance systems such as boilers and power distribution is a plus.