PROJECT MANAGER- Movable Bridges
The position of Movable Bridges Project Manager is available in Sarasota, FL. This role involves overseeing the daily operations of maintenance, repair, and inspection activities related to movable bridges, fixed bridges, culverts, overhead sign structures, high mast lighting, and bridge fender systems. The primary objective is to ensure adherence to contract standards in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner. Additionally, the Project Manager is responsible for driving organic growth and increasing revenues.
- Implement effective administrative systems, methodologies, and support structures to meet contractual obligations regarding quality, safety, procurement, cost control, scheduling, estimating, and contractor agreements.
- Proactively address issues that may affect contract requirements and facilitate timely solutions. Share and implement methodologies aimed at systemic improvement.
- Lead, direct, and coordinate the project team to foster teamwork and ensure high performance. Provide proactive management and guidance to create a cohesive and sustainable team environment. Promote company values and integrate them into team development, management, and performance. Foster professional growth of employees in the areas of safety, quality, customer service, and general business proficiency.
- Ensure compliance with Company Risk Management, Quality Assurance, and Safety programs, policies, systems, and procedures, including relevant federal, state, and local legislation.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with the Client and subcontractors.
- Oversee planning, estimating, procurement, and financial responsibilities to optimize cost-effectiveness.
- Liaise with designers and manage regulatory approvals related to fire, life, and safety.
- Monitor financial performance, conduct analysis, and prepare recommendations for management reports.
- Ensure contract and project compliance with the company's policies and procedures regarding legal, financial, safety, and administrative matters.
- Contribute to the development, review, negotiation, and implementation of subcontractor and supplier agreements to maximize contract benefits.
- Establish and report relevant metrics for evaluating contract performance.
- Hold overall responsibility for project safety, promoting a positive safety culture through personal example and ensuring full compliance with safety policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a partnership-based relationship with the customer, demonstrating an understanding of their needs. Foster a culture of exceptional customer service throughout the project and effectively address client problems and concerns.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Possess advanced knowledge of asset management principles and practices within the field of movable bridges, fixed bridges, culverts, overhead sign structures, high mast lighting, and bridge fender systems maintenance, repairs, and operations.
· Familiarity with project management concepts, processes, and principles.
· Ability to adapt to a dynamic and evolving work environment.
· Proficient in negotiation, coordination, and planning.
· Strong analytical and communication skills.
· Well-organized and self-directed with the capacity to provide effective leadership. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining a customer-focused approach and positive customer service attitude.
· Proficiency in standard engineering software and MS Office applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Project. Familiarity with CMMS applications such as DataStream (MP2) / INFOR (EAM).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (Required)
- Professional Engineering License (Required)
- 5-10 years of industry experience with previous facility management or supervisory experience (Required)
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships