Quality Control Chemist
- Conduct analysis and testing of finished products and raw materials according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), in-house test methods, and/or compendial methods for release, stability, and special requests.
- Learn to operate and maintain a range of laboratory instruments, including Laboratory Balances, High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas Chromatography (GC), Automated Titrators, FTIR, UV/Vis Spectrophotometer, Polarimeter, Dissolution and Disintegration Instrumentation, and any additional instruments as required.
- Stay updated on publications from governing bodies like USP and FDA to ensure compliance with analytical applications, release specifications, and documentation practices in the Quality Control laboratory.
- Collaborate with QC management and designated personnel to resolve Out-of-Specification results. Communicate effectively with QC management, Out-of-Specification/Trend Coordinator, and Stability Coordinator when suspect results are generated.
- Assist in the training of new laboratory staff and maintain accurate training records following established SOPs and training program guidelines.
- Adhere to Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) guidelines for documentation and record all procedures in a timely manner.
- Maintain a safe working environment by ensuring calibration and proper maintenance of all testing equipment.
- Take on specific projects assigned by management and fulfill other necessary functions required to meet company objectives.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with other departments within the organization, fostering a team-oriented environment.
Minimum 5 - 7 years of laboratory experience in a cGMP environment. Experience with laboratory instruments, troubleshooting, operating procedures, and test method generation and revision preferred.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Biology, or a related field.