Location: Boulder, CO
Primary Role & Responsibilities
- Inspect incoming components, sub-assemblies, PCBs, and PCBAs
- Verify completeness of supplier First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs)
- Ensure material certifications per drawing are complete
- Conduct visual inspections of products
- Perform basic dimensional inspections
- Ensure quality assurance of production builds
- Review work instructions
- Validate assembly and testing operations
- Perform final visual inspections and verify build documentation
- Prepare inspection reports
- Interact with customers during Source Inspections
- Archive and scan build documentation and records
- Document defects, initiate non-conformance reports, and segregate non-conforming products
- Inspect RMAs
- Report findings and participate in MRB
- Prepare delivery documentation
- Complete applicable forms
- Provide cross-functional training when needed
- Support the QA/PA Manager and Quality team
This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job is performed in a professional office environment. Standard office equipment such as laptop computers and photocopiers are routinely used.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may also need to lift 20 lbs. or more and stand on a stool as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with 40 hours per week. Typical office hours are Monday-Thursday, 6:30am-5:00pm, but may vary based on workload and manager's discretion. This job may require more than 40 hours of work per week as needed.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education And Experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
- Reside in Colorado
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent
- Three years of experience with ISO9001 or AS9100 company or equivalent
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings and GD&T
- Ability to interpret basic electrical drawings
- Intermediate Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word skills
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow procedures and standards
- Experience with visual inspection using microscopes
- Experience with Calipers, micrometers, height stands, pin and thread gauges
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to learn quickly and be trained
Preferred Education And Experience
- Experience with AS9102 First Article Inspection Report
- Experience with CMM, optical comparator, smart scope
- Certification in IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610
- Experience with internal audits
- Technical writing skills
- Trained in GD&T
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
OUR COMPANY is a rapidly growing small business that specializes in engineering and manufacturing advanced technologies, specifically in antennas and radio frequency (RF) systems. Our energetic team is empowered with world-class facilities and resources. We prioritize innovation and responsiveness in our culture. By investing in groundbreaking technologies, we have developed award-winning products ranging from passive antennas to complex, active antenna systems.
We offer our employees four weeks of paid time off each year, flexible scheduling, tuition reimbursement, up to 4% 401k match, and 100% employer-paid healthcare, dental, and vision plans.