Our client is seeking a Quality Control Supervisor for their Green Bay, WI location. Join a dynamic leadership team in an organization that values and appreciates its employees. This is a great opportunity for growth!
Company – A leading player in the paper and packaging industry!
- This organization has 30 plants and employs over 4,000 team members.
- The Green Bay plant has 300 staff members and is currently undergoing a $100 million expansion.
- This is a privately held company that has been in operation for three generations.
- The company culture is focused on safety and individual growth.
Benefits and Features – A company that truly values and appreciates its employees!
- Excellent benefits and compensation plan, including a 4% employer match on 401K, health, vision, dental, employee assistance program, and life and disability insurances.
- Discretionary bonuses averaging between 4% and 6% since 2008.
- Unique benefits include 2 free medical clinics available to all staff and their families, a 25-year club for employees, health club membership discounts, parties, and cookouts.
- Work/Life Balance – Take a real vacation without being tethered to your laptop and email. Your team has your back!
- Culture of continuous improvement where everyone's voice is heard and good ideas are appreciated.
- Business casual workplace with minimal micromanagement.
- High retention of professional staff.
- Lead a team of up to 18 employees, including quality technicians, engineers, analysts, and support technicians. Report to the Technical Director.
- Manage staff and address quality issues.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to establish quality standards based on customer requirements.
- Lead problem-solving initiatives using root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Provide training on quality standards and expectations.
- Conduct internal quality audits to improve quality, efficiency, and safety.
- Occasionally travel to other plants or customers as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in quality, paper science, or engineering.
- At least 5 years of leadership experience managing direct reports.
- Experience in the paper, packaging, film, label, or paper converting industry.
- Stable work history with no job hopping.
- Strong problem-solving, statistical analysis, and continuous improvement skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of quality standards, ISO 9001 is a plus.
- Good communication and computer skills.