Quality Systems Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) is responsible for ensuring that quality is at the core of all our operations and throughout the entire product lifecycle. This role involves overseeing the design, development, publication, and maintenance of procedures, processes, and programs that drive compliance with hygiene standards and best practices, ultimately contributing to high-quality products. The QAM also plays a crucial role in identifying effective measures of system performance and ensuring their implementation and monitoring.
- Manage the overall quality system, including the creation, deployment, and maintenance of the Quality Policy Manual and associated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Lead and oversee the Quality Management System (QMS) process from research and development to operations.
- Act as the primary point of contact for customer audits, document requests, and regular communications, ensuring that customer needs are met.
- Manage and apply the Quality Monitoring Scheme (QMS) to document quality requirements for each manufactured product, ensuring alignment with the MSPEC throughout the entire process, from research and development to manufacturing.
- Serve as the customer-facing contact for QA-related matters, ensuring that customer requirements are effectively translated into the quality system and communicated within the organization.
- Develop and report key performance indicators (KPIs) for the QA Department, including shelf-life monitoring and extensions for both raw materials and finished products.
- Take charge of document control, pest control, management of change, and follow-up actions.
- Perform any other assigned duties.
- A Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Chemistry, or a related field is required.
- Must have 10+ years of experience in a cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) environment.
- Experience in manufacturing aseptic products and thermal processing is essential.
- Proficient in system design and implementation of sustainable programs.
- Passionate about project work and dedicated to implementing top-tier quality and engineering systems.
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma tools and experience driving system and process improvements.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to engage stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Dedicated to ensuring quality by design from ideation to commercialization.
- Expertise in managing the overall quality system, including the development, deployment, and maintenance of Heartland Prerequisite Programs and associated Standard Sanitary Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
- Capable of developing and implementing engineering systems for managing buildings and equipment, including the adoption of new technologies, testing and validation, and addressing obsolescence.
- Active participation in product and process design.
What Makes This Opportunity Great?
This role offers an excellent work culture in a fast-paced environment and the chance to be part of one of the fastest growing organizations in their industry segment.