Radiology CT Technician
Location: Geneva, NY
CT Technologist -
- Permanent Position.
- Full-time Employment.
- Choice of Day or Evening Shift.
- Inclusive of Holidays, Weekends, and On-call Schedule.
- Competitive Salary, commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with ample PTO/Sick/Holiday time.
- Graduates from recent Radiology Tech Program are encouraged to apply.
- Located in Geneva, NY (within the Finger Lakes Region).
- Shift differential increase of 5%.
- We are currently seeking a skilled CT Technologist proficient in CT scanning techniques, with a solid grasp of anatomical positioning and physiology. Additionally, the successful applicant must possess a sensitive and reassuring demeanor towards patients, demonstrate exceptional professionalism when dealing with the public, possess basic computer literacy, be able to perform effectively under pressure, and handle confidential information discreetly.
POSITION SUMMARY:Under the guidance of the CT Supervisor, independently performs a wide range of advanced radiographic (CT) procedures that are diagnostic and complex in nature, requiring both theoretical knowledge and practical experience. This role demands complex technical skills, sound judgment, and extensive knowledge of radiographic principles and practices. The CT Technologist must have the ability to provide compassionate care to patients of all age groups, including pediatric, adult, and geriatric populations. Availability for on-call responsibilities may be required.
- Preferred: At least one year of experience in Radiologic Technology.
Firm understanding of anatomical positioning and physiology.
Ability to provide a sensitive and reassuring approach when interacting with patients.
Proven proficiency in maintaining a professional and courteous demeanor when dealing with the public.
Strong computer literacy skills.
Ability to work effectively under pressure.
Capacity to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Associate's degree in Radiologic Technology from an AMA approved school.
- Valid NYS license; ARRT certification required
Certification as a registered CT specialist or completion of one additional year of CT training at an AMA approved school is preferred.
- ABOUT THE AREA:
- Geneva, NY is situated in Ontario and Seneca counties within the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of New York State. This charming city is located at the northern end of Seneca Lake, offering stunning natural landscapes, a rich historical background, renowned wine trails, and year-round attractions.
In the vicinity of Cayuga Lake, you will find the city of Ithaca, home to Cornell University. Surrounding this area are remarkable gorges with breathtaking waterfalls, including Taughannock Falls and Buttermilk Falls.
Watkins Glen State Park, near the tip of Seneca Lake, features rocky cliffs and cascading waterfalls, as well as trout fishing opportunities. To the southwest lies the Corning Museum of Glass. In Seneca Falls, visit the Women's Rights National Historical Park, commemorating the site of the 1848 women's rights convention. Heading north, explore the Old Erie Canal, an essential 19th-century waterway now offering hiking, canoeing, and fishing activities. In the northwest, you can enjoy the stunning views of Lake Ontario from the city of Rochester.