RN First Assistant / CVOR
FULL TIME DAYS SURGERY
Location: Palm Springs, CA
Salary: $125,000 - $175,000 per year + $15,000 Signing Bonus + Paid Relocation
Our dedicated team provides a comprehensive range of healthcare services for both inpatient and outpatient care. These services include acute care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, outpatient therapy, hand clinics, and lymphedema clinics.
As a Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA), you will serve as a vital member of our surgical team, assisting the surgeon in the operating room during procedures. You will perform various tasks such as circulating, scrubbing, and other assigned duties while adhering to hospital policies.
� Demonstrate competency in all RNFA duties related to Cardiothoracic surgery.
� Complete annual performance reviews by physicians in a timely manner.
� Perform additional duties in the Cardiac OR, including circulating, scrubbing, and HOB duties.
� Accurately pull case carts as required.
� Maintain clinical competence by assisting in surgeries.
� Participate in on-call rotation.
� Collaborate in the preoperative assessment and planning for selected surgical patients.
� Recognize safety hazards and take appropriate preventative and corrective actions.
� Provide exposure by effectively using instruments, retractors, suctioning, and sponging.
� Collaborate with the surgeon in handling and dissecting tissues.
� Collaborate with the surgeon in clamping blood vessels, coagulating bleeding points, ligating vessels, and performing other procedures.
� Collaborate with the surgeon in suturing muscle, fascia, subcutaneous, and skin tissue.
� Properly place drains as surgically indicated.
The ideal candidate for the RNFA CVOR Full-Time Days role will possess the following:
- Graduate of an approved school of Nursing and possess a current California RN license
- Certified as a perioperative nurse (CNOR)
- Completion of an approved RNFA course, including the required internship hours
- Proficiency in perioperative nursing practice as both scrub and circulating nurse with diverse operating room experience
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (maintain current at all times)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification (maintain current at all times)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to connect with individuals at all levels and maintain positive relationships
- Active listening skills
- Knowledge of current nursing theory and practice
- Compassionate and non-judgmental patient caregiver and advocate
- Ability to handle physically and mentally demanding work
- Audible, visual, and manual acuity necessary for maintaining patient safety
- Completion of mandatory programs to meet TJC standards
Skills and Certifications:
CA RN License
CNOR Certificate required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $125,000.00 - $175,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance