RN – Registered Nurse – Med/Surgical
- Location: Penn Yan, NY (Located in the Finger Lakes Region of New York State)
Employment Type: Contract
Full-Time Position - 36 Hours per Week
Work Schedule: 3 Days Per Week
Shift Hours: 12 Hours Per Day
Rotating Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, and Holiday Shifts
Competitive Compensation, based on experience
Setting: Medical Surgical/Acute Care
Newly Graduated Nurses Welcome
- Currently Accepting Applications
- Highly competitive starting pay rates
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Requirements: Must have an active NYS RN license
- Required Certifications: BLS, ACLS, PALS, NIHSS
- Join a collaborative and supportive work environment
- Be a part of an organization with a vision to become the leading health system of their size in the US and the employer of choice
- The Med/Surgical Registered Nurse utilizes their expert knowledge of nursing theory, technical skills, and communication abilities to provide compassionate and high-quality care to patients and their families. The Registered Nurse evaluates patient needs, collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to develop a comprehensive care plan, delivers direct care, monitors patient progress, and coordinates the entire care process throughout the patient's stay. The RN specializes in providing care to patients with medical conditions and caters to the adult, adolescent, and geriatric populations. Additionally, the RN is responsible for educating patients and their families on self-care beyond the hospitalization period, including lifestyle adjustments to promote health and healing. In a Healing Environment, the Registered Nurse strives to enhance comfort and provide emotional support.
-Applies nursing expertise and skills to deliver exceptional care
-Assesses the needs of patients and their families through active listening, social perceptiveness, and analysis of data obtained through observation, assessment, technology, and communication within the healthcare team. Develops an individualized, culturally relevant, and age-appropriate care plan in collaboration with the patient, family, physician, and other healthcare team members. Sets goals and monitors patient progress while adjusting the plan based on response or changes in condition and prioritization of needs.
-Promotes and protects the health, safety, and rights of patients. Builds trust, respect, and cooperation among team members to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
-Teaches and delegates tasks and interventions according to the individual's education, training, and scope of practice. Follows infection prevention strategies to ensure public safety.
-Motivates patients and their families by providing necessary education for continued care and healing at home. Assesses the learning styles of patients and families and structures sessions to enhance understanding. Identifies "teachable" moments during care delivery to emphasize key information. Evaluates the retention of self-care knowledge through questioning. Equips patients' families with tools and information to support them after discharge. Documents the provided education and the response of patients and families to the education.
-Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice systematically and utilizes improvement results to initiate changes in personal practice and care delivery. Engages in self-evaluation to identify strengths and areas for professional development. Takes responsibility for increasing knowledge and skills. Utilizes reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
-Makes meaningful connections with patients and their families to develop a helpful, trusting, and caring relationship. Demonstrates presence, active listening, effective communication, engagement, and anticipation of patient and family needs. Prioritizes the patient and family as the central focus of care and services. Embraces the concept of creating a Healing Environment as a crucial aspect of professional nursing practice.
-Demonstrates proficiency in the application of interventions, including medication administration.
-Exposure to bloodborne pathogens is reasonably anticipated due to the nature of the required tasks, which involve potential contact with blood, body fluids, and tissues.
- About the Area: Penn Yan is situated in the stunning Finger Lakes Region of New York State, ideal for nature enthusiasts. The area offers excellent wine trails, a rich historical background, breathtaking scenery, various attractions throughout the year, and convenient access to colleges/universities and Rochester. Discover the vibrant and diverse range of attractions and activities in this region, catering to nature lovers, history enthusiasts, and food enthusiasts alike.
- Explore the picturesque Finger Lakes, such as Keuka Lake, Seneca Lake, Cayuga Lake, and Canandaigua Lake, renowned for their stunning lakes, wineries, and outdoor adventures.
- Visit the world-renowned Corning Museum of Glass, showcasing incredible glass artistry.
- Enjoy outdoor recreational activities like hiking, boating, and camping in beautiful landscapes.
- Participate in local festivals, art exhibitions, and cultural events that showcase the rich history of the region.
- Indulge in the culinary delights of the Finger Lakes, from farm-to-table dining to winery tours.