Sales Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) Director
Lead the development, execution, and implementation of a Sales Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process and strategy for the Company’s North American, APAC, and LATAM business and operational presence. This strategy will be closely coordinated with the Company’s EMEA business and operational presence.
The SIOP strategy and processes will encompass demand planning and forecasting, manufacturing, capacity planning and management, and will focus on key performance indicators including Inventory, fill rate, and on-time delivery (including intercompany).
As the SIOP director, you will play a critical role within the Company leadership team by developing and evolving global SIOP processes. You will also drive operational efficiencies and lead the development and implementation of SIOP processes for a new ERP implementation in 2021/22.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Collaborate with Commercial, Finance, and Operations teams to establish effective partnerships with global and local teams to improve Supply Chain performance and planning accuracy. Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining demand forecasts and target service levels in collaboration with commercial teams and product management.
- Establishing and maintaining target levels of finished goods inventory.
- Translating demand forecasts into manufacturing requirements and identifying/resolving capacity constraints or opportunities.
Establish and implement procedures and systems for all activities within the SIOP Department.
Play a key role in the transition from the current ERP system to the future system.
Create and review the SIOP strategy and work with local Operations teams to implement and monitor key improvement initiatives.
Identify and implement opportunities to improve SIOP operational processes, utilizing internal and external benchmarking, lean methodology, six-sigma, and value stream mapping.
Make key operational decisions with global implications, including Target Level Inventories, stock fill, and ERP management. Interact with Sales, Operations, Quality, and Production Planning teams to assess stock fill, target level inventories, material usage, schedule adherence, ERP utilization, and drive finished goods inventory to achieve the strategy while assisting with inventory goals.
Provide regular reports on manufacturing, planning, and inventory performance.
Lead and support critical Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning (SIOP) tasks, including strategic planning, EOQ and Schedule Adherence strategies, inventory reduction, and the implementation of Supply Chain modules in the new ERP system.
Work with IT and other resources to maximize ERP utilization for data linkages that support Supply Chain Analytics and daily demand-based actions.
Support key projects aimed at managing and reducing inventory. This includes analyzing inventory spend, developing reduction plans, and implementing strategies for volume aggregation, part number reduction, VMI options, and intercompany flow optimization.
Collaborate with Site Leads and General Managers to develop site organizational structures that align with SIOP roles and responsibilities. Work with HR Business Partner to establish effective organizational structures and staff responsibilities, and provide training and development for staff.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. This includes supporting the hiring and training of Global Supply Chain employees and resolving any issues that arise.
Special Location/Position Requirements:
- Prior experience in implementing ERP platforms such as SAP or Oracle.
- Experience with Factory Intelligence systems.
- Willingness to travel within the US and worldwide as required.
- Strong time management, planning, and negotiation skills.
- Adherence to all Company policies.
Job Specifications (Work Experience, Skills, Abilities, etc.):
- Comprehensive knowledge of business economics as it relates to Production Planning and ERP Optimizations.
- Ability to handle sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Proficiency in writing detailed reports and correspondence using original and innovative techniques or style.
- Effective oral communication skills with individuals or large groups of customers, suppliers, or employees.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including data collection, analysis, and conclusion drawing.
- Ability to collaborate well with subordinates, peers, superiors, and external contacts in all departments.
Education Requirements: Four-year college degree or equivalent of 10 years of relevant work experience.
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions: This is a normal office position located in a two-story office building. The job may require long periods of sitting, telephone work, computer work, and interaction with others. It may also involve walking, standing, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs, lifting, driving, and/or traveling.
The above statements are intended to convey the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this role.