iLocatum

Indianapolis, IN

Sanitation Manager

We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced Sanitation Manager to join our team at a well-established company. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing waste management operations at our plant located in Indianapolis, Indiana. The position primarily involves day shift work, but flexibility is required for off-hours and weekend support.

As the selected candidate, your main responsibilities will include managing sanitation and pest control operations, ensuring compliance with chemical usage, cleaning procedures, sanitation equipment, and regulatory guidelines. You will also set standards for equipment maintenance, implement sanitation assurance projects, and oversee pest control initiatives. We offer competitive benefits, including a 10% bonus eligibility. Vacation time is accrued monthly with a total of 21 days. Additionally, we provide a 401k plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 6%, along with an additional 3% contribution from the company, bringing the total contribution to 9%.

Responsibilities:

  • Develop a comprehensive sanitation strategy by setting long-term goals, utilizing available resources, and delivering results at the plant level.
  • Coordinate and oversee sanitation operations at the plant, managing all sanitation control measures.
  • Engage team members to enhance processes, while ensuring adherence to safety protocols, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and plant policies.
  • Track sanitation costs and manage the department as a business, including budget development on an annual basis.
  • Provide training for the sanitation department as well as sanitation-related training for other departments.
  • Manage third-party services responsible for sanitation chemicals, pest control, and uniforms.
  • Coordinate monthly internal audits at the plant and lead efforts to address any findings through corrective action meetings.
  • Empower direct reports to take on new challenges, solve complex problems, and expand their skills.
  • Lead and document department training, post-operational inspections, ATP results, sanitation chemical titrations, daily sanitation operation sheets, and the master sanitation schedule.

Requirements:

  • High school diploma or GED, with a preference for candidates with a bachelor's degree.
  • At least 5 years of experience leading high-performance teams and engaging team members to improve overall results.
  • Minimum of 3 years of experience in sanitation, with a preference for candidates who have served as a Sanitation Manager.
  • Experience with CIP systems and wet cleaning is required.
  • Proven experience in conducting formal root cause analysis to resolve operational inefficiencies and downtime issues.
  • Working knowledge of the Six Step Cleaning Process.
  • Ability to work off-shifts and weekends, as required.

Back to Jobs

  • Max. file size: 300 MB.

Ready to take
the next step?

Submit your resume and join a realm of unparalleled opportunities at iLocatum. We’re dedicated to connecting exceptional talent with impactful roles. Start your journey towards success by sharing your expertise with us.