Senior Accountant – Tax and Bookkeeping
Tax and Bookkeeping Senior Accountant
Location: Irvine, CA
The Tax and Bookkeeping Senior Accountant position at our well-established local CPA firm offers a unique opportunity for individuals with a minimum of one year experience working with QuickBooks in a CPA firm environment. We prioritize a reasonable work/life balance, provide overtime pay at time and a half, offer clients from diverse industries to work with, and provide excellent career growth potential.
- Perform end-to-end bookkeeping services for corporate clients, including bank reconciliations and journal entries.
- Assist staff and interns with basic questions related to clients' financial matters.
- Review or prepare work papers, financial statements, general ledgers, etc., under supervision.
- Analyze investments, insurance, purchases, contracts, etc., with supervision.
- Conduct accurate and efficient research projects as requested by clients.
- Supervise staff and interns assigned to specific engagements when needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in computerized accounting, including the ability to maintain manual set of books.
- Thorough understanding of the firm's philosophy.
- Experience using QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online, as well as other computer accounting and tax software programs.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple accounts, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work efficiently and accurately.
- Basic knowledge of corporate taxation, business taxes, property taxes, and payroll (preferred).
- Oversee the work of staff and interns on selective accounts.
- Frequent same-day travel to clients' offices, meetings, and seminars using own vehicle.
- Occasional overnight out-of-town travel for work using own vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year.
- 1-2 years of experience in public accounting or similar work environment, demonstrating progression in complexity of accounting tasks and tax knowledge.
- 3-4 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in accounting or a related field.
- Active participation in continuing professional education as required.
- Working towards obtaining a CPA license or currently in possession of one (preferred).
- If a licensed CPA, must be a member in good standing with the AICPA.
- Proficiency in computer accounting and tax software programs, including QuickBooks. Experience with Bill.com is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.