Senior Accounting Analyst
Location: Phoenix, AZ
We are actively seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team at an International Manufacturing Company located in Phoenix, AZ. As the Senior Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks in a complex and global accounting environment. Your day-to-day duties will include general ledger management, month-end closing, financial and management reporting, consolidation, fixed asset accounting, capital expenditure accounting and reporting, financial analysis, process improvement, internal and external audit support, ad-hoc decision-making support, and special projects.
- Ensure timely completion of month-end closing processes to meet financial reporting deadlines.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts to enhance accounting accuracy and procedural efficiency.
- Handle accounting and reporting tasks for various business units as needed.
- Utilize SAP and Hyperion Financial Management systems to execute financial close and consolidation procedures.
- Prepare accurate management reporting packages including financial results and key operational metrics.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial statements complying with US GAAP and IFRS guidelines.
- Oversee fixed asset accounting procedures using the SAP project accounting module.
- Manage lease accounting in adherence to IFRS-16 requirements.
- Conduct capital expenditure accounting and analysis and provide assistance during the capital budgeting process.
- Offer ad-hoc analytical support to the Accounting department and senior management as needed.
- Perform special projects in support of the Accounting department and senior management upon request.
- Monitor key internal controls within the Accounting department and Shared Services.
- Assist in implementing accounting and policy changes following Corporate, Group, US GAAP, or IFRS guidelines.
- Provide support during the annual budget process as necessary.
- Perform various activities related to product costing, manufacturing analysis, inventory valuation, and associated reporting and analysis.
- Review and analyze accounting transactions and accompanying financial reports to ensure accuracy and completeness, providing explanations to business partners as needed.
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in managing financial information and providing support for the annual audit process.
- Ensure compliance with the company's financial policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Address and respond to inquiries from Business Units and Corporate Finance.
- Identify solutions for automation and process improvement while prioritizing detail, accuracy, and timeliness in daily responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related technical field is required, along with a minimum of 3-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to thrive as a member of a diverse team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to contribute to group outcomes by fostering collaboration and developing effective working relationships.
- Experience in manufacturing, cost accounting, and inventory accounting is preferred.
- Previous experience in a publicly traded international corporation is beneficial.
- Proficiency in US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards is required.
- Familiarity with ERP systems such as SAP and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- High proficiency in IT skills, including SAP, Excel, and HFM, is necessary.
- Attention to detail, organization, reliability, and a proactive attitude are essential qualities of the ideal candidate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are vital for this role.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment is required.
- Positive attitude, effective communication skills, assertiveness, and strong team player qualities are expected.