Senior Control Engineer
Our client is a leading producer of a wide range of grocery, industrial, food service, and specialty sweetener products. With operations across North America and the European Union, they own and operate multiple sugar refineries to meet the demand for their products.
As the Lead Control Engineer, you will be responsible for leading various initiatives including new CAPEX projects, retrofits, and providing service and support throughout the plant. Your expertise in controls and instrumentation will help ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of our client's manufacturing operations.
1. Leading new CAPEX initiatives
2. Managing retrofit projects
3. Providing service and support to the plant
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible for this role, you should have:
- At least 5 years of experience in controls and instrumentation.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Strong resource management skills.
- Excellent understanding of process control tools and techniques, particularly Allen Bradley Control Logix and Wonderware System Platform (ASR preferred).
- Experience with legacy control systems such as APACS, PLC 5, and Control Logix.
- Project management experience
- In-depth knowledge of food processing / FMCG operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Controls or Electrical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college/university with relevant coursework.
- Knowledge of Wonderware System Platform & InTouch, Allen Bradley PLC systems, Allen Bradley VFDs/Soft Starters/Servos, Allen Bradley Centerline MCCs, and process instrumentation.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Server operating systems.
- Ability to identify and solve problems efficiently.
- Strong project and time management skills.