Senior Industrial Engineer
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Purpose of Role
As a member of the Corporate Manufacturing Engineering Team at World Head Quarters, you will be responsible for providing technical expertise, project management, and leadership in the design, development, and optimization of process solutions for our bearing manufacturing plants. This position is ideal for someone with a strong foundation in Manufacturing Engineering and a good understanding of Lean manufacturing principles. The role requires excellent analytical skills and the ability to design, analyze, and optimize production cell and line layouts.
1. Evaluate existing and proposed manufacturing lines to identify and implement solutions for maximizing efficiency, capacity, quality, safety, and flexibility in our bearing production.
2. Create and maintain CAD models of facilities and manufacturing line layouts to support key growth projects.
3. Utilize process modeling and simulation tools to improve productivity and reduce waste by defining standard work, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations/machines, and recommending new equipment purchases.
4. Analyze data and provide modeling support to estimate current production capacity and constraints, as well as plan for future demand and growth.
5. Utilize data mining and advanced analysis techniques, including AI, to identify opportunities for improving production performance.
6. Plan the utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and manpower to improve operational efficiency, including determining optimal inventory levels that make effective use of capital.
7. Collaborate with manufacturing plants to develop Lean and Six Sigma implementation tactics, identify improvement opportunities, and lead cross-functional project teams. Deliver solutions to improve manufacturing processes and strengthen the Lean and Six Sigma culture within the organization.
8. Prepare A/R's (appropriation requisitions) and provide budgeting information for capital expansion and continuous improvement projects. Assist in purchasing, installing, and commissioning machines and workstations.
9. Occasional domestic and international travel to plants and supplier locations, averaging no more than 25%.
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes and production equipment. Familiarity with industrial bearing manufacturing is beneficial.
- Experience in plant layout design and implementation is advantageous.
- Practical experience in manufacturing process flow simulation and optimization.
- Strong analytical skills, including proficiency in manipulating large datasets.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
- Proficiency in EHS technical aspects for facilities and new manufacturing processes (e.g. ergonomics, machine guarding, material handling).
- Experience in 3D CAD modeling and mechanical design.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field, with at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
2. Must be a US citizen or hold a Green Card.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #IND-ENG