Senior International Tax Analyst
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Our esteemed multinational organization is seeking an experienced Senior Global Tax Analyst to join their team. This is an exceptional opportunity to work remotely with the possibility of international travel to support overseas projects. In this role, you will play a vital role within the tax department, focusing on ensuring compliance with ASC740 regulations and reporting for our international operations. You will also provide strategic tax planning guidance to enhance our global tax position.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to collect necessary financial data and ensure compliance with ASC740 reporting requirements.
- Analyze and interpret tax laws and regulations pertaining to our international operations, including transfer pricing, foreign tax credits, and tax treaties.
- Develop and execute proactive tax planning strategies to minimize tax liabilities and optimize the effective tax rate for our international entities.
- Stay updated on changes in tax laws and regulations that may impact the company's international tax position, and provide recommendations to management.
- Assist in tax audits and inquiries related to international tax matters, including preparing documentation and responding to requests from tax authorities.
Provide guidance and support to junior members of the tax team, fostering their professional growth and development.
- Collaborate with external advisors and consultants as needed to address complex international tax issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; preferred candidates will possess a CPA or advanced degree such as a Masters in Taxation or JD.
- At least 4 years of experience in international tax compliance and planning, with a specific focus on ASC740 reporting.
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP accounting principles and their application to tax reporting.
- Proficiency in tax software applications, such as Onesource Tax Provision, and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex tax regulations and apply them to specific business scenarios.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with the capability to clearly explain tax concepts to non-tax professionals.
- Meticulous attention to detail committed to accuracy and precision in all tax-related activities.
- Ability to independently manage workload and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment, while also collaborating effectively within a team setting.