Senior Project Engineer
Our company is currently seeking a Principal Project Engineer for an exciting opportunity in Pensacola, FL. This position will play a critical role in a $300 million project that is scheduled to commence in 2024.
We are looking for a candidate with extensive experience in medium to large heavy civil projects, with a minimum budget of $30 million. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in civil engineering and construction management.
Responsibilities of the Principal Project Engineer include:
- Thoroughly reviewing contracts and specifications
- Providing assistance to the Project Manager, Project Superintendent, and Project Engineer as needed
- Contributing to schedule preparations and updates
- Assisting with quantity reporting, project costs, and forecasting
- Obtaining pricing from subcontractors and vendors, including change orders
- Requisitioning equipment and material deliveries as required
- Coordinating with subcontractors, suppliers, and workforce to resolve project challenges and conflicts
- Aiding in monthly billing, cash flow projections, and change order processing
- Managing document control, including submittal schedules, contract documents, and project record drawings
- Reviewing and ensuring accuracy of daily reports
- Preparing and maintaining technical submittal lists, permits, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, and Project Progress Schedule
- Complying with notice requirements such as inspections, survey staking, joint measurements, utility locations and adjustments, testing, claims, etc.
- Issuing correspondence to subcontractors and vendors when revised plans or specifications affect products or services
- Assisting with project closeout procedures
- Performing additional assignments as directed by the Project Manager
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with a focus on Construction Engineering and Management (CEM)
- 3-5+ years of experience in the civil construction field, both in office and field roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and Primavera 6