Senior Project Manager-Heavy Highway
About the Position
We are currently seeking a highly experienced Senior Highway Project Manager to oversee construction projects in the Jacksonville, FL area. In this role, you will be responsible for managing projects with a focus on roads, highways, and bridges. Your main objective will be to ensure the projects are completed safely, on time, and within budget. Additionally, you will be responsible for various aspects including estimating, contract compliance, quality control, and client satisfaction.
- Provide supervision and guidance to on-site Project Superintendents and Project Engineers.
- Take charge of an entire heavy highway, road, and/or bridge construction project or oversee a significant segment of a larger project.
- Plan and execute complex and technical tasks, using sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Manage field construction activities and coordinate engineering and other project support tasks.
- Ensure the project is executed according to schedule and budget.
- Develop strategic techniques, economic plans, and operational strategies for project success.
- Negotiate with clients and participate in the estimation process.
- Collaborate with Project Engineers to optimize operation means and methods.
- Monitor project progress and ensure objectives are met.
- Collaborate with Division Manager and Contracts Department to select suppliers and subcontractors.
- Create and maintain project schedules.
- Contribute to weekly project update meetings and divisional meetings.
- Ensure project quality and uphold commitments to clients.
- Review and approve change order requests.
- Manage the project budget, control expenses, and monitor billing.
- Prepare reports on final quantities and accuracy of CPSR projections.
- Play an active role in training Construction Engineers and recruiting new talent.
- Conduct Performance Evaluations for all project employees.
- Recommend innovative technical solutions and maintain professional relationships with clients.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have 5-20+ years of recent experience in heavy highway, road, and bridge construction management.
- Experience managing medium to large-scale projects (over $50M) is essential.