Senior Scientist, Senior Study Director Cell and Gene Therapy GLP In Vivo
Exciting Opportunity in Carlsbad, CA: Principal Scientist & Study Director for Cell and Gene Therapy
About the Role:
Are you ready to lead and innovate in the field of cell and gene therapy? Join our dynamic team in Carlsbad, CA, and take on a significant role as a Principal Scientist and Study Director. As part of our revolutionary division, you will have the opportunity to contribute to ground-breaking research and drive our ambitious goals.
About Our Company:
Since our establishment in 2004, we have become a leading R&D service provider in the life sciences industry. With a global workforce of over 19,000 experts, we deliver exceptional R&D solutions to partners worldwide. Our expertise spans a wide range of therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, biologics, and cutting-edge CGT products.
Your Role and Impact:
As the Principal Scientist and Study Director, you will oversee and drive in-vivo studies focused on cell and gene therapy. This includes areas such as Toxicology, BioDistribution, B-Cells, T-Cells, Oncology, and the Central Nervous System. Your work will primarily involve immunocompromised mouse models.
• Provide exceptional leadership and management to a team of 5 research associates and a junior study director.
• Ensure the highest level of technical excellence in conducting, interpreting, documenting, and reporting pivotal studies.
• Design scientifically robust and cost-effective studies that align with sponsor needs.
• Facilitate collaboration between sponsors, internal scientists, veterinary staff, and business development teams.
• Engage in cutting-edge research projects and maintain compliance with critical regulations and guidelines.
• Ph.D. degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience in laboratory animal research.
• Proven experience in managing studies and teams.
• In-depth knowledge of cell and gene therapy programs.
• Proficiency in handling diverse animal models, including surgical procedures.
• Expertise in immunology, cell culture, flow cytometry, and establishing new laboratories.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and statistical software.
• Strong technical writing skills and familiarity with pre-clinical GLP studies.
• Comprehensive understanding of physiology, anatomy, and pharmacology.
• CRO experience and Board Certification in Toxicology (DABT) would be advantageous.
Your Career Path:
This role offers significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Reporting directly to the Senior Director and Scientific Lead for CGT, your contributions will play a vital role in expanding our business revenue by 5-6 times in the next 3-5 years.
Join Us in Carlsbad:
Don't miss the chance to be part of something extraordinary. Join our thriving community in Carlsbad, California, and contribute to shaping the future of the life sciences industry.
Ready for an Extraordinary Journey?
(Note: We are committed to equal employment opportunities and embrace diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.)