Speech Language Pathologist
- LOCATION: Cheektowaga, NY (a suburb of Buffalo NY).
- AVAILABLE AS A DIRECT HIRE POSITION.
- PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT OR A 13-WEEK TRAVEL ASSIGNMENT (ACCEPTING BOTH).
- COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION BASED ON EXPERIENCE.
- EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE OFFERED.
- SETTING: Skilled Nursing Facility.
- This is a full-time speech therapy position with required availability on weekdays, some weekends, and holidays.
Our team of Speech-Language Therapists plays a vital role in ensuring the health and well-being of our residents. They are responsible for conducting screenings and evaluations to determine the need for speech-language therapy, implementing treatment plans, and conducting audiometric screenings. Additionally, they maintain regular communication with physicians to ensure the highest standard of resident care is upheld.
1. Perform communication problem screenings upon request and conduct comprehensive evaluations, providing therapy plan recommendations when necessary.
2. Coordinate audiometric screenings and make appropriate referrals for further evaluation and treatment.
3. Develop and initiate speech-language therapy plans according to physician orders, maintaining regular contact with the physician throughout the therapy program.
4. Treat residents with respect and kindness, ensuring their rights are upheld.
5. Document evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries for all residents in the speech-language treatment program.
6. Collaborate with other staff members to integrate speech-language treatment program goals with those of other disciplines.
7. Attend Resident Care Planning and Family/Resident Care Plan Review meetings for residents in the speech-language treatment program.
8. Maintain accurate records, including statistical reports, in-service education information, budget details, and inventory of materials/equipment.
9. Complete statistical reports for Medicare billing and assessment forms as required.
10. Attend staff meetings and participate in in-service training sessions.
11. Assist in developing and conducting in-service training programs for facility personnel involved in resident care.
12. Regularly review speech-language policies and procedures, making necessary revisions.
13. Manage program costs within the allocated budget.
14. Adhere to safety rules and practices to ensure the safety of staff, residents, and visitors.
15. Generate and implement ideas to improve resident care quality and enhance position productivity and satisfaction.
16. Uphold service excellence standards and goals, providing the highest level of customer service to residents, staff, and visitors.
17. Perform any additional duties assigned by supervisor, management staff, or Administrator.
• Possess a Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited school.
• Hold a valid license to practice as a Speech-Language Pathologist in the state of New York.
• Preferred certification of Clinical Competence from the American Speech and Hearing Association.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with others, demonstrating maturity and diplomacy.
• Verification of qualifications by the New York State Department of Health, Office of Rehabilitation Therapies (license number/certification number) is required.
• Demonstrated ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence.
• Dedicated to the core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Passion for Excellence, and Reverence for the Individual as outlined by the company.
- About the area: Cheektowaga is a town located in Erie County, New York. Situated in the north-central part of the county, it serves as an inner-ring suburb of Buffalo. Cheektowaga is the second-largest suburb of Buffalo, following the town of Amherst. The area is known for its numerous colleges and universities, vibrant culture, art scene, diverse dining options, and extensive shopping opportunities. Nature enthusiasts will appreciate the proximity of the Erie Canal and Lake Erie. Additionally, the town offers convenient access to Niagara Falls, Canada (30 minutes), Rochester (1.25 hours), and Syracuse (2.50 hours).