Speech Language Pathologist
- LOCATION: LAKE PLACID, NY.
- PERMANENT POSITION OR TRAVEL OPPORTUNITY.
- ACCEPTING CFY CANDIDATES.
- FULL-TIME ROLE.
- COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION PACKAGE, BASED ON EXPERIENCE.
- COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS.
- JOIN AN EXCEPTIONAL TEAM.
- ENVIRONMENT: Skilled Nursing Facility.
- As a member of our Speech-Language Therapy team, you will be responsible for ensuring the well-being and health of our residents. This includes creating and implementing personalized speech-language therapy treatments, conducting audiometric screenings, and collaborating with other disciplines to ensure the highest level of resident care.
1. Evaluate and provide therapy plans for residents with communication issues upon request.
2. Coordinate audiometric screenings and referrals for audiology evaluations and treatments, as needed.
3. Initiate speech-language therapy plans according to physician orders and maintain regular communication with physicians.
4. Treat residents with respect and kindness, ensuring their rights are upheld.
5. Maintain accurate documentation, including evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries.
6. Collaborate with other staff to integrate speech-language treatment with overall care goals.
7. Attend meetings related to resident care planning.
8. Maintain records and reports for statistical purposes, billing, and inventory.
9. Conduct in-service training and participate in staff meetings and required training.
10. Develop and conduct in-service training programs for facility personnel.
11. Review and revise speech-language policies and procedures annually.
12. Manage program costs within the budget.
13. Adhere to safety rules and practices to ensure the well-being of staff, residents, and visitors.
14. Generate ideas to improve resident care and enhance productivity.
15. Uphold service excellence standards and provide exceptional customer service.
16. Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
• Hold a master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited school.
• Possess a valid New York State license as a Speech-Language Pathologist.
• Preferred: Clinical Competence Certification from the American Speech and Hearing Association.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others.
• Verification of qualifications by the New York State Department of Health required.
• Ability to meet established standards of excellence.
• Dedication to the company's values of Integrity, Teamwork, Passion for Excellence, and Reverence for the Individual.
- About the area: Lake Placid is a charming village located in the scenic Adirondack Mountains of New York. With its rich Winter Olympics history, Lake Placid offers a variety of outdoor activities and attractions, including snow sports and the Lake Placid Olympic Museum.