Speech Language Pathologist
- PERMANENT POSITION
- CFY WELCOME
- FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT
- GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE
- COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION BASED ON EXPERIENCE
- Work Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility
- Location: Buffalo NY & Niagara County NY Area
Our team of Speech-Language Therapists plays a vital role in maintaining the overall health and well-being of our residents. They evaluate residents and develop individualized therapy plans, deliver treatments as needed, and provide audiology services when necessary. As a Speech Therapist, you will ensure that the highest quality of care is provided to our residents at all times.
1. Conduct screenings and evaluate residents for communication disorders as requested. Develop and document therapy plans.
2. Coordinate and conduct audiometric screenings for residents, and make referrals for further evaluations or treatments if needed.
3. Initiate therapy plans based on physician orders, maintaining regular communication with the physician throughout the therapy process.
4. Respectfully and compassionately interact with residents, ensuring their rights and dignity are upheld.
5. Maintain accurate and detailed records of evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries for all residents in therapy programs.
6. Collaborate with other staff to address residents' unique needs and integrate speech therapy with other disciplines.
7. Participate in resident care planning meetings and reviews for residents in therapy programs.
8. Keep records of statistical reports, in-service education, budget information, and equipment inventory.
9. Submit statistical reports for Medicare billing and complete assessment forms as required.
10. Attend staff meetings and participate in in-service training.
11. Develop and conduct in-service training programs for facility personnel involved in resident care.
12. Review and revise speech-language policies and procedures as needed.
13. Manage program costs within budgetary constraints.
14. Follow safety rules and practices to ensure the well-being of staff, residents, and visitors.
15. Generate and implement ideas to enhance resident care and improve productivity and satisfaction in the position.
16. Uphold service excellence standards and goals for self and all facility staff.
17. Provide exceptional customer service to residents, staff, and visitors.
18. Complete other duties assigned by supervisor, management staff, or Administrator.
• Must have M.A. or M.S. Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an approved institution.
• Valid New York State license to practice as a Speech-Language Pathologist.
• Clinical Competence Certification from the American Speech and Hearing Association (preferred).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically with others.
• New York State Department of Health, Office of Rehabilitation Therapies qualification verification (license number/certification number).
• Ability to consistently perform tasks to a high standard of excellence.
• Dedication to the company's vision, mission, and core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Passion for Excellence, and Reverence for the Individual.
About the Area: Wheatfield is a town located in Niagara County, near Niagara Falls, NY. It was named for its history of wheat cultivation. Wheatfield is situated east of Niagara Falls International Airport and offers proximity to the Buffalo NY area. The area is rich in culture, with an abundance of art, museums, shopping options, restaurants, and recreational water activities. It also boasts several beautiful parks and is known for its numerous colleges and universities.