Sr. Financial Analyst – Defense Industry
Situated in the vicinity of Portsmouth, NH, our client is a well-established manufacturer and provider in their field with a history spanning 250 years. Renowned for their superior quality and innovative solutions, they are the preferred brand in the industry. The company boasts a workforce of over 3,000 employees spread across 12 locations.
We offer a competitive salary package that includes a bonus, a 401k match with immediate vesting, excellent benefits, employee discounts, and ample opportunities for professional growth. This position requires work in an office setting. We also provide relocation assistance!
About the Role:
Under the guidance of the Senior Manager of Defense Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in supporting the company's expanding Defense business. This involves defining and implementing Program Reporting for an exciting new initiative.
In this role, you will need to be detail-oriented and hands-on, participating in various accounting activities such as Departmental Spend Analysis, Margin Analysis, Operations Performance, KPIs, and Monthly Closing Process and Reporting.
The Ideal Candidate:
We are seeking a candidate who possesses a strong background in defense or government contracting. Previous experience working with FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations), DFARS, CAS (Cost Account System), Program Accounting, Rates, and Incurred Cost Submissions on government programs is essential. Additionally, the ideal candidate should possess a versatile financial skill set with a solid understanding of cost accounting, financial accounting, business planning, development of business cases, Pro-forma financial statements, and general financial analysis.
- Offer support to the Senior Manager of Defense Finance and collaborate with executives in various departments.
- Analyze the profitability of US and Foreign military programs, including P&L analysis, Sales Analysis, Bid Costing Analysis, and Project Performance Analysis.
- Handle ASC 606-related Percentage of Complete Revenue and cost recognition for milestone-based contracts/elements of the NGSW contract.
- Support the ICE (Incurred Cost Electronically) DCAA Model Population and Calculation for the company's effective SG&A rate.
- Provide analytical support in response to government contemplation letters.
- Analyze Time Tracking and calculate development & support costs for ongoing Defense initiatives.
- Offer support for Manufacturing Rate and Cost Accounting.
- Conduct P&L and Working Capital Analysis for our Defense Businesses.
- Assist in CSDR reporting and potentially implement CAS (Cost Accounting Standards) in case of a triggering event.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in finance and/or accounting is highly preferred.
- 5-7+ years of experience with a major defense manufacturing company that serves the U.S. Government, including exposure to program costing and preparing CAS-compliant bids for U.S. Military programs.
- CPA or GAGAS (Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards) Certifications would be a plus.
- Experience with FAR, DFAR, CAS, indirect rate analysis, incurred cost submission, building rates in government (labor, fringe, overhead), WAWF
- Familiarity with DCAA, program/percentage complete accounting, FPRA (Forward Pricing Rate Agreements) & Incurred Cost Submissions, and certified cost and pricing to the U.S. Military is beneficial.
- Prior experience in an FP&A role where you collaborated closely with business leads on various FP&A and analytical matters is preferred.
- Proficiency in ERP systems like Oracle, JD Edwards, SAP, Infor, etc., is required.
- Previous exposure to financial consolidation programs such as Hyperion, One Stream, TM1, Cognos, etc., would be advantageous.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage with senior management.
- Exceptional analytical skills and a solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Motivated, intellectually curious, and takes ownership of their work.
- Results-driven individual who can collaborate diplomatically with colleagues at all levels.
- Individual who defines success by problem-solving and driving improvements.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and self-directed with the ability to interact with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Capable of multitasking, working under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Be located in reasonable commuting distance to Portsmouth, NH, or be willing to relocate with company assistance.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The salary offered within the specified range will depend on the level of experience.