The Senior Engineer position encompasses various responsibilities, as listed below:
· Innovating and enhancing existing manufacturing processes, emphasizing SAFETY, QUALITY, DELIVERY, and COST (SQDC).
· Planning and managing project activities for process development, including tasks, resources, and schedules.
· Providing ROI justification for improvements and upgrades in processes/equipment.
· Identifying, acquiring, and commissioning new manufacturing equipment for production readiness.
· Optimizing process parameters and developing documentation and work instructions.
· Assisting in the design of custom tooling and revising existing tooling designs.
· Monitoring process yields, costs, stability, and capability.
· Implementing quality improvements based on performance metrics.
· Creating, validating, and maintaining automatic equipment programs.
· Addressing manufacturing problems promptly, including issues with materials, designs, equipment, and personnel.
· Training new personnel and contributing to the development of operator training materials.
· Assisting factory maintenance personnel in troubleshooting and repairing process equipment.
· Coordinating the codification of products.
· Demonstrating understanding of multi-level Bill of Materials (BoM) structures.
· Possession of an Associate or Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Engineering or a related S.T.E.M. field.
· Proficiency in CAD software, such as Autodesk suite or Solidworks.
· Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
· Experience with ERP systems, including creation of product codes and routings (e.g. JDE).
· Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing, Statistical Process Control (SPC), and 6 sigma concepts.
· Proficiency in MS Office software applications.
· Availability for second shift work, if required.
· Understanding of automated equipment and robotics in a manufacturing environment.