Location: Orland Park, IL
- Achieve personal sales and customer engagement targets.
- Oversee all activities necessary to meet store goals, including financial objectives, customer service, HR management, operational controls, payroll, and expenses. Prioritize employee and customer engagement.
- Organize advertising displays and merchandise arrangements to stimulate sales.
- Supervise the gallery and its team members in a professional and inclusive manner, adhering to Human Resource standards.
- Provide direct supervision to part-time sales employees, conducting effective performance discussions, setting clear objectives, and ensuring accountability.
- Coordinate and execute various events and classes to achieve financial objectives.
- Deliver excellent customer service, prioritize customer satisfaction, and serve as a role model.
- Recruit, select, develop, and retain the full store team, holding individuals accountable for their performance.
- Show creativity and passion, willing to share sewing expertise with customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent. A degree in Business, Fashion Design, or Merchandising is a plus.
- At least one year of successful retail experience with proven sales closing abilities. Ability to forecast and analyze business trends and manage payroll expenses for optimal store performance.
- Thorough knowledge of our machines and products.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic retail environment.
- Effective communication skills through various forms of technology, including telephone and computer.
- Ability to move around the office, access file cabinets, meeting rooms, copier/printer, etc. While some stationary work is required.
- Capable of lifting objects, such as sewing machines, weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Flexible availability, including evenings, holidays, and weekends.