Supervisor, Credit & Collections
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client, located in Portsmouth, NH, is a well-established industry leader with over 250 years of experience. They are known for their exceptional quality and innovative products, and have a strong reputation in the market. With 12 locations nationwide, they have a team of 3,000+ dedicated employees.
They offer a competitive salary, including a bonus, 401k match, comprehensive benefits package, employee discount, and excellent opportunities for growth. Please note that this is an in-office position.
We are seeking a skilled Supervisor in Credit & Collections to oversee our collections process and assess credit risk for our accounts.
- Lead a team of 2 credit analysts.
- Monitor accounts receivable aging reports for key accounts and ensure timely collections, reducing past due and bad debt exposures.
- Manage day-to-day activities, including reviewing daily order hold reports, conducting account reconciliations, and handling related collection activities.
- Collaborate with customers, sales, operations, and other departments to resolve billing, credit, and collection issues.
- Initiate credit memos for shortages, pricing, discounts, freight, and policy matters.
- Review Credit Applications to establish credit limits and conduct risk analysis.
- Assess customer financial statements, bank and trade references, and DNB & Creditntell reports.
- Prepare proposals for third-party agency placement and/or bad debt write-off.
- Regularly review progress and resolutions with the credit and collections manager, ensuring compliance with credit and collections policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of supervisory experience in a relevant field.
- Experience working for a product company is highly desired.
- A professional candidate with a strong collections background, customer service/retention mindset, and excellent negotiation skills. B2B experience is a PLUS!
- Familiarity and/or working knowledge of US Government sites for invoice and payment acknowledgments.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel (VLOOKUP and Pivot tables), and Oracle.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask effectively.
- Local to the Portsmouth, NH area.
- Must be a US Citizen
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing employment opportunities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.