Systems Administrator – Secret Clearance
Our company is supporting a highly important project for a U.S. Government client, involving the development, implementation, and maintenance of a secure network operations environment. We are currently seeking an IT Administrator with expertise in Linux Systems to contribute to our team.
- Utilize expert knowledge in Linux/Unix environments to provide infrastructure support within a highly secure cybersecurity environment
- Collaborate with a team of skilled administrators to offer senior-level expertise in maintaining an RHEL environment
- Serve as a mentor to junior system administrators and suggest design improvements to enhance system operability
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Active Secret clearance and eligibility for TS/SCI clearance
- Ability to obtain DHS Suitability
- Minimum of 4 years of system administration experience in Linux, preferably with Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 7 or 8 (RHEL7 / RHEL8), including engineering, installation, administration, and maintenance of complex system architectures
- Proficiency in Linux OS installation, security hardening, and ongoing maintenance
- Experience in the installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery of Linux servers
- Skilled in Linux performance tuning and troubleshooting, with the ability to identify and resolve issues related to CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
- Ability to script in Bash, Perl, Python or other equivalent languages
- Familiarity with tools such as Red Hat Satellite Server, Puppet, Chef, and/or Ansible
- Proficiency in managing system changes and assessing their security impacts
- Experience in integrating and implementing various services such as LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, etc.
- Familiarity with configuration management
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to present findings and influence decision-making based on data
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Ansible or similar tools
- Previous work experience in an agile development environment
- Knowledge of software development using languages such as Java and RESTful services
- Familiarity with multilevel security systems, SELinux, and/or Cross Domain Solutions
- Experience with data orchestration software like Apache NiFi or StreamSets
- Proficiency in distributed compute environments such as Hadoop
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities, including a solid understanding of the AWS Well-Architected Framework and AWS certification
- Experience working with AWS through the CLI and management console, including configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Previous exposure to DevOps and/or DevSecOps environments
- Familiarity with technologies like ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Ansible, Nessus, Zscaler, ClamAV, AIDE, Splunk, DNS, NAT, git, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, and Jenkins in a cloud environment
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering, or a related discipline is required. Four years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level I
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)