Exciting career opportunity available for a Tax Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA. Join our highly successful and well-established firm with the potential for short-term partnership. Enjoy a hybrid work environment and excellent work-life balance. We serve a diverse range of closely held clients and high net worth individuals.
We welcome candidates from Big-4, national, or large local L.A. based CPA firms. Relocation assistance may be provided.
As a Tax Supervisor, you will have the opportunity to lead our tax team, ensuring the delivery of exceptional tax compliance and controversy work. You will be responsible for managing and mentoring your team, and implementing modern standards, technology, and data security measures. At our firm, we prioritize people – both our clients and our staff. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Lead tax teams at our office location
- Promote the use of technology tools to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and data security
- Review and approve tax returns, consulting, and planning work
- Manage tax projects and due dates, taking responsibility as the tax preparer
- Ensure timely delivery of work and take final responsibility for decisions
- Stay updated on professional licensing standards and tax laws
- Mentor and support the professional development of team members
- Act as a resource for tax staff and partners
- Maintain relationships in the profession and participate in industry organizations
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- At least 5 years of experience in public accounting
- A licensed CPA in California or the ability to become licensed within 6 months
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or J.D.
- An advanced degree in taxation is preferred
- Excellent tax research and writing skills
- Knowledge of various income tax returns and experience in complex transactions
- Public speaking experience is a plus
- Strong software skills
- Experience in managing licensed professionals
- Experience in tax controversy, audit, and rulings is strongly preferred
- Emotional intelligence and demonstrated leadership in diversity, equity, and inclusion
What you will receive:
- Competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
- A culture that promotes work-life integration and a sense of belonging