Exciting career opportunity available for an experienced Tax Senior Manager, Director, or Partner to assume responsibility for a substantial client portfolio previously managed by a retiring Tax Partner. The ideal candidate must be located in Los Angeles or willing to relocate promptly, and will be required to work in the office 2-3 days per week. A minimum of 10 years' experience as a seasoned Director or Partner is preferred to successfully take the reins of the tax department and cater to a diverse range of closely held clients and high net worth individuals. A strong aptitude for practice development is essential.
We will also consider candidates from prominent Big-4, national, or large local CPA firms in Los Angeles, as well as individuals who have served as corporate Tax Directors or VPs in public accounting for less than two years.
Tax Associate Responsibilities:
- Lead the tax team on-site at our office.
- Advocate for the use of technology tools to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and data security.
- Thoroughly review and approve tax returns and other tax consulting and planning work.
- Manage tax projects, meeting all deadlines, and sign off as the tax preparer.
- Ensure timely delivery of all deliverables and take ultimate responsibility for decisions made.
- Familiarize yourself with professional licensing standards, Circular 230 requirements, and relevant sections of the IRC and FTC.
- Collaborate with company leaders on data security, brand and business development, leadership development, HR, and information technology.
- Mentor tax team members to facilitate their professional and personal growth.
- Act as a valuable resource for tax staff and Partners, addressing any questions or concerns they may have.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in tax laws and procedures, implementing necessary adjustments to maintain the highest level of professionalism.
- Contribute to the design of annual tax staff training sessions.
- Collaborate with Partners and other business divisions.
- Build and maintain professional relationships within the field, actively participating in relevant national, state, and local organizations.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in public accounting.
- CPA license in California or the ability to obtain it within 6 months of joining the firm.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or J.D. is mandatory.
- Advanced degree in Taxation is highly desirable.
- Excellent tax research and writing abilities are essential.
- Familiarity with income tax returns for individuals, partnerships, S Corporations, C Corporations, nonprofits and foundations, complex real estate transactions, trust accounting, foreign tax matters, and mergers & acquisitions.
- Public speaking experience would be advantageous.
- Proficient in relevant software applications.
- Proven experience managing a team of licensed professionals.
- Prior exposure to tax controversy, audit, and rulings is strongly preferred.
- Emotional intelligence is a plus.
- Previous involvement in diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives is highly valued.
What we offer:
- Competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package.
- A culture that promotes work-life integration and fosters a sense of belonging.