Location: Long Beach, CA
Job Title: Tax Partner
We have an exceptional career opportunity for a current Tax Senior Manager, Director, or Partner to step into the role of a retiring Tax Partner. This position is based in Long Beach, CA. The ideal candidate should be located in the L.A. area or be open to relocating. The role offers a hybrid work arrangement of 2-3 days in the office per week. We are specifically seeking a seasoned Director or Partner with a minimum of 10 years of experience, who can oversee a large book of business and efficiently manage the tax department. The clients served are from diverse industries, including closely held businesses and high net worth individuals. Strong expertise in practice development is a must.
Candidates from Big-4, national, or large local L.A. based CPA firms are welcome to apply. We would also consider individuals with corporate tax Director or VP experience in public accounting for less than two years.
About the Role:
We are searching for a tax partner who possesses a modern understanding of professional standards, technology, and data security necessary for leading our tax team. Collaborating with other tax partners, you will ensure the timely delivery of excellent tax compliance and controversy work product. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong team management and mentoring skills. Our firm prioritizes a People First approach, extending to both our clients and staff. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Provide oversight to the tax team at our Long Beach office.
- Advocate for and implement technology tools to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and data security.
- Thorough review and approval of tax returns and other tax consulting and planning work.
- Manage tax projects, ensuring adherence to due dates and personally assume responsibility as the tax preparer.
- Ensure timely delivery of work products and take final responsibility for decisions made.
- Implement professional licensing standards and comply with requirements of Circular 230, the IRC, and FTC for the tax team.
- Collaborate with firm C-Suite leaders on data security, brand and business development, leadership development, people & culture, and information technology.
- Mentor and support the professional and personal growth of tax team members.
- Act as a valuable resource, providing guidance on tax issues and answering questions for tax staff and partners.
- Stay updated on changes in tax laws and procedures, implement necessary workflow changes and practice standards to maintain the highest level of excellence.
- Contribute to the design of annual tax staff training.
- Collaborate with partners and other lines of business within the firm.
- Maintain professional relationships within the industry and actively participate in national, state, and local membership organizations.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in public accounting.
- Active CPA license in California or ability to obtain within 6 months of joining the firm.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or J.D. required.
- Advanced degree in taxation preferred.
- Excellent tax research and writing skills.
- Proficient in handling income tax returns for individuals, partnerships, S Corporations, C Corporations, nonprofits and foundations, complex real estate transactions, trust accounting, foreign tax matters, and mergers & acquisitions.
- Preferred experience in public speaking.
- Strong software proficiency.
- Previous experience managing a team of licensed professionals.
- Experience in tax controversy, audit, and rulings is highly valued.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Proven leadership in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits structure. Our company culture encourages work-life integration and fosters a sense of belonging.