Location: Pasadena, CA
Tax Partner Position Available in Pasadena, CA
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Tax Senior Manager, Director, or Partner to join our team in Pasadena, CA. This position involves taking over a large book of business from a retiring Tax Partner. We are looking for candidates who are in the Los Angeles area or willing to relocate quickly. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of experience as a Director or Partner, with strong practice development skills. The role will involve working in the office for 2-3 days per week on a hybrid schedule. The tax department handles a diverse range of clients from various industries, including closely held businesses and high net worth individuals.
We welcome candidates from Big-4, national, or large local CPA firms in Los Angeles, as well as individuals who have worked as a corporate tax Director or VP in public accounting for less than two years.
About the Position:
We are currently seeking a Tax Partner who possesses a modern understanding of professional standards, technology, and data security. The successful candidate will lead our tax team and collaborate with other partners to ensure the timely delivery of excellent tax compliance and controversy work. Team management and mentoring skills are essential for this role. We prioritize the well-being of our clients and staff through our People First ethic. Our firm is committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Provide leadership to the tax team onsite at our office.
• Advocate for the implementation of technology tools to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and data security.
• Personally review and approve tax returns, as well as other tax consulting and planning work.
• Manage tax projects and deadlines, signing as the tax preparer.
• Ensure timely deliverables and take ultimate responsibility for decisions made.
• Understand and adhere to professional licensing standards, Circular 230 requirements, and tax regulations.
• Collaborate with leaders in the C-Suite on data security, brand and business development, leadership development, people & culture, and information technology.
• Mentor members of the tax team to foster their professional and personal growth.
• Act as a resource for tax staff and Partners, addressing their tax-related questions and concerns.
• Stay up to date with changes in tax laws and procedures, implementing necessary workflow adjustments and maintaining the highest level of professional excellence.
• Contribute to the design of annual tax staff training initiatives.
• Collaborate with Partners and other departments within the firm.
• Maintain professional relationships within the industry and actively participate in national, state, and local membership organizations.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in public accounting.
• CPA license in CA, or the ability to become licensed in California within 6 months of joining the firm.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or J.D. required.
• Master's degree in taxation preferred.
• Excellent tax research and writing skills.
• Strong knowledge of various income tax returns, including individuals, partnerships, S Corporations, C Corporations, nonprofits and foundations, complex real estate transactions, trust accounting, foreign tax matters, and mergers & acquisitions.
• Public speaking experience is a plus.
• Proficiency in relevant software applications.
• Experience managing a team of licensed professionals.
• Familiarity with tax controversy, audit, and rulings is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated emotional intelligence.
• Preferred experience in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
What We Offer:
• Competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package.
• Culture that promotes work-life integration and fosters a sense of belonging.