Location: Woodland Hills, CA
Fantastic career opportunity available for a current Tax Senior Manager, Director, or Partner to assume responsibility for a substantial portfolio of clients from a retiring Tax Principal. Ideal candidates must be located in the L.A. area (or willing to relocate promptly) and be willing to work a hybrid schedule of 2-3 days in the office per week. We prefer a seasoned Director or Partner with over 10 years of experience who can effectively lead the tax department and oversee a large book of business. The clients served span diverse industries and include closely held entities and high net worth individuals. A strong aptitude for practice development is required.
We are open to considering candidates from Big-4, national, or large local L.A.-based CPA firms, as well as individuals holding positions such as corporate Tax Director or VP within public accounting for less than two years.
We are currently seeking a Tax Partner who possesses contemporary knowledge of professional standards, technology, and data security to effectively lead our tax team. The successful candidate will collaborate with other tax partners to ensure the delivery of exceptional tax compliance and controversy work. Strong team management and mentoring skills are essential. At our firm, we prioritize the well-being of our clients and staff through our People First approach. Our commitment extends to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Provide leadership to the on-site tax team at our office.
• Advocate for the adoption of technology tools to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and data security.
• Personally review and approve tax returns and other tax consulting and planning work.
• Efficiently manage tax projects and deadlines and assume personal responsibility as the tax preparer.
• Ensure timely delivery of work products and take ultimate accountability for decisions made.
• Uphold professional licensing standards and adhere to the requirements of Circular 230, the IRC, and FTC for the tax team.
• Collaborate with firm C-Suite leaders on matters such as data security, brand and business development, leadership development, people and culture, and information technology.
• Provide hands-on mentorship to tax team members, fostering their professional and personal growth.
• Serve as a resource for tax staff and Partners, offering guidance on tax issues and addressing questions.
• Stay updated on changes in tax laws and procedures and implement necessary adjustments to workflows and practice standards to maintain the highest level of professional excellence.
• Assist in designing annual tax staff training.
• Collaborate with Partners and other lines of business.
• Maintain professional relationships within the industry and actively participate in national, state, and local membership organizations.
• At least 10 years of experience in public accounting.
• CPA license in CA or ability to obtain California licensure within 6 months of joining the firm.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or J.D. is required.
• Advanced degree in taxation is preferred.
• Strong tax research and writing skills are crucial.
• Proficiency in handling income tax returns related to individuals, partnerships, S Corporations, C Corporations, nonprofits and foundations, complex real estate transactions, trust accounting, foreign tax matters, and mergers & acquisitions.
• Public speaking experience is desirable.
• Excellent software skills are essential.
• Experience in managing a team of licensed professionals is required.
• Familiarity with tax controversy, audit, and rulings is highly advantageous.
• Possess emotional intelligence.
• Demonstrated leadership in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion is a plus.
• Competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
• A culture that encourages work-life integration and fosters a sense of belonging.