Location: Woodland Hills, CA
Great opportunity for a current Tax Senior Manager, Director, or Partner to step into a significant portfolio of clients as a retiring Tax Principal transitions out. Candidates should be located in the L.A. area (or willing to relocate quickly) and be open to a hybrid work model, spending 2-3 days in the office. We prefer seasoned Directors or Partners with over 10 years of experience who can take charge of a large client base and lead the tax department. The role involves working with a diverse range of closely held clients and high net worth individuals, and a strong emphasis on practice development is required.
We are also open to considering candidates from Big-4, national, or large local L.A. CPA firms, as well as individuals who have served as corporate tax Directors or VPs in public accounting for less than two years.
We are searching for a tax principal who possesses a modern understanding of professional standards, technology, and data security, which are fundamental to leading our tax team. The successful candidate will collaborate with other tax partners to ensure the timely delivery of exceptional tax compliance and controversy services. Apart from overseeing the team, you will also demonstrate expertise in team management and mentorship. Our firm highly values people, encompassing both our clients and staff members. We are committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Take charge of the tax team on-site in our Woodland Hills office.
• Advocate for the utilization of technology tools to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and data security.
• Personally review and approve tax returns, as well as oversee other tax consulting and planning activities.
• Manage tax projects and ensure adherence to deadlines, also taking personal responsibility as the tax preparer.
• Ensure timely delivery of work products and assume ultimate accountability for decisions.
• Comprehend and implement professional licensing standards, Circular 230 requirements, and the IRC and FTC regulations applicable to the tax team.
• Collaborate with C-Suite leaders on matters of data security, brand and business development, leadership development, people and culture, and information technology.
• Provide hands-on mentorship to support the professional and personal growth of team members.
• Serve as a resource for tax staff and Partners, addressing tax issues and inquiries.
• Stay updated on changes in tax laws and procedures, incorporating them into tax team workflows and standards of practice to maintain the highest level of excellence.
• Contribute to the design of annual tax staff training.
• Collaborate with Partners and other lines of business.
• Maintain professional relationships within the industry and actively participate in national, state, and local membership organizations.
• Over 10 years of experience in public accounting.
• CPA license in CA or ability to obtain California licensure within 6 months of joining the firm.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or J.D. required.
• Preferred advanced degree in taxation.
• Strong tax research and writing skills are essential.
• Proficiency in income tax returns, including individuals, partnerships, S Corporations, C Corporations, nonprofits and foundations, complex real estate transactions, trust accounting, foreign tax matters, and mergers & acquisitions.
• Public speaking experience is advantageous.
• Excellent software skills are required.
• Previous experience in managing a team of licensed professionals is necessary.
• Familiarity with tax controversy, audit, and rulings is highly preferred.
• Possess emotional intelligence.
• Demonstrated leadership in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion is desirable.
• Competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits structure.
• Emphasis on work-life integration and creating a sense of belonging within our culture.