Location: Anaheim, CA
Exciting career opportunity available for a current Tax Senior Manager, Director or Partner to assume responsibility for a large client base from a retiring Tax Partner. Candidates must be located in the L.A. area (or be willing to relocate quickly) and be willing to work in the office 2-3 days per week. We prefer a highly experienced Director or Partner with at least 10 years of experience who can take charge of a significant client base and lead the tax department. Our clients come from diverse industries and include closely held businesses and high net worth individuals. Strong expertise in practice development is required.
We will also consider candidates from Big-4, national, or large local L.A.-based CPA firms. Additionally, individuals with corporate tax Director or VP experience in public accounting for less than two years will be considered.
We are seeking a tax partner who possesses a contemporary understanding of professional standards, technology, and data security necessary to lead our tax team and collaborate with other partners to ensure the timely delivery of outstanding tax compliance and controversy work. The successful candidate must excel at team management and mentoring. Our firm is dedicated to putting people first, including both clients and staff. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization.
• Lead and guide the tax team at our office location.
• Promote the use of technology tools to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and data security.
• Personally review and approve tax returns, tax consulting, and tax planning work.
• Manage tax projects and due dates, personally assuming the role of tax preparer.
• Ensure timely delivery and take ultimate responsibility for decisions.
• Understand and comply with professional licensing standards, Circular 230 requirements, and tax regulations outlined in the IRC and FTC for the tax team.
• Collaborate with firm leaders in the C-Suite on data security, branding, business development, leadership development, people and culture, and information technology.
• Mentoring tax team members to foster their personal and professional growth.
• Serve as a resource for tax staff and Partners, addressing tax issues and questions.
• Stay up-to-date on changes in tax laws and procedures, implementing necessary adjustments in tax team workflows and standards to maintain the highest level of professionalism.
• Contribute to the design of annual tax staff training programs.
• Collaborate with Partners and other business lines.
• Foster professional relationships within the industry and actively participate in national, state, and local membership organizations.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Over 10 years of experience in public accounting.
• California CPA license or ability to obtain one within 6 months of joining the firm.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or J.D. required.
• Advanced degree in taxation preferred.
• Strong tax research and writing skills.
• Proficiency in various tax areas, such as income tax returns for individuals, partnerships, S Corporations, C Corporations, nonprofits and foundations, complex real estate transactions, trust accounting, foreign tax matters, and mergers & acquisitions.
• Preferred experience in public speaking.
• Excellent software skills.
• Previous experience managing a team of licensed professionals.
• Strong background in tax controversy, audits, and rulings is highly desirable.
• Emotional intelligence.
• Demonstrated leadership in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion is preferred.
What We Offer:
• Competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package.
• A culture that supports work-life integration and fosters a sense of belonging.