TELEMETRY NURSE MANAGER / NIGHTS
Night Shift Telemetry Nurse Manager
Location: Palm Springs, CA
Salary: $125,000.00 - $168,000.00 per year
Job Type: Full-time
This position is full-time and will work 12-hour night shifts.
There are 2 openings available.
Sign on Bonus: $15,000.00
The Night Shift Telemetry Nurse Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of the Telemetry Department during the night shift. They effectively manage the staffing and resources of the department. The Nurse Manager promptly addresses and resolves any complaints or concerns raised by patients, visitors, staff, or physicians. They also demonstrate the ability to adapt and provide direction during emergency situations and handle difficult administrative decisions. Access to patient health information is limited to treatment purposes only.
- Provide leadership to the telemetry staff for the care of telemetry, stroke, bariatric patients, and interventional cardiology protocols and medication.
- Gather and interpret information about the patient's needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of growth and development.
- Ensure appropriate treatment based on the ages of the patients served.
- Assist in the management of human resources through evaluation, counseling, and hiring of staff.
- Review and edit payroll reports.
- Establish performance standards and competencies for staff members.
- Conduct timely performance evaluations.
- Ensure completion of human resource documentation.
- Handle counseling and disciplinary actions as needed.
- Participate in the hiring process.
- Coordinate employee attendance at orientation and mandatory continuing education programs.
- Regularly attend nursing leadership meetings and contribute to nursing administration.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Provide comprehensive orientation for new employees.
- Maintain records of all employees, including certification, licensure, continuing education, and competencies.
- Communicate with staff about organizational and healthcare issues.
- Optimize staffing practices based on established benchmarks and acuity data.
- Utilize a patient classification system to determine staffing needs.
- Assess and assist with staff development and cross-training.
- Support hospital programs such as risk management, safety, and infection control.
- Schedule staff shifts.
- Promote teamwork and facilitate unit workflow.
- Ensure compliance with labor hour benchmarks.
- Foster interdepartmental interactions.
- Effectively solve problems.
- Review and revise standards of care, policies, and procedures.
- Assist in the development and accomplishment of department goals.
- Monitor supply costs and identify areas of cost savings.
- Maintain personal knowledge and expertise in the specialty field and regulatory agencies.
- Contribute to the development of department and organizational strategic plans.
- Integrate performance improvement into daily operations and strategic directions.
- Collect data for improvement and quality trending.
- Solicit feedback and collaborate with other departments to improve processes.
- Address concerns through proper channels and suggest corrective mechanisms.
- Communicate and cooperate with other members of the hospital staff in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Act as a team member and maintain positive relationships with patients, families, physicians, employees, and outside agencies.
- Follow up on concerns and communicate outcomes to the Director.
- California RN License (maintain current at all times)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience
- Demonstrated clinical competence and leadership skills
- Ability to present self in a positive and professional manner
- American Heart Association BLS and ACLS Certification (maintain current at all times)
- EKG test completion within the first 30 days of hire
- NIHSS Certification
- Previous management experience
Skills and Certifications:
- California RN License
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or related field
- BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance