Warehouse Industrial Engineer
Job Description: Warehouse Process Engineer
This position is responsible for driving continuous improvement within the operation by implementing and utilizing various improvement methods. The Warehouse Process Engineer will analyze data, identify process gaps, and propose improvements to enhance safety, quality, delivery, and cost metrics. This role requires extensive collaboration with employees at all levels and functions within the operation. The Warehouse Process Engineer reports directly to the Lead Engineer, CI Manager, or Sr. CI Manager and works closely with Operations Management.
- Conduct data collection and perform statistical analysis.
- Document and map processes, identify process gaps, and suggest and implement improvements.
- Create and execute a continuous improvement plan to meet customer expectations.
- Manage continuous improvement and steady-state engineering projects to drive business improvement.
- Support Automation projects and maintain regular communication with operations management.
- Develop expertise in a wide range of engineering methods, Lean tools, and quality standards to implement continuous improvement, quality assurance, and Lean principles.
- Participate in Value Stream Maps & Kaizen Events, from planning through to sustained implementation.
- Generate reports to track progress and provide strategic recommendations.
- Maintain and support the Quality Management System (QMS) and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Implement and monitor corrective action systems.
- Assist in Quality Assurance during the setup of new or expanding operations.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively within a team.
- Demonstrates flexibility and effective time management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with a focus on Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and database programming.
- Basic knowledge of Lean/TPS core tools/processes and experience in core engineering and data analysis functions.
- Understanding of Warehouse Management operations, Industrial Engineering, and Lean methods.
- Knowledge of material handling solutions, automation, Dedicated Services, and Managed Transportation Networks.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, or a related field with three years of relevant experience. Alternatively, a Master's degree with one year of experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of data visualization and database programming.
- Basic understanding of Lean/TPS principles and core engineering functions.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management, material handling solutions, and transportation networks.
- Preferred certifications: Lean Six Sigma, cPMP, ISO/QMS, APICS, or Supply Chain Logistics Certification.
Travel is not required for this role. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace environment.