Wastewater Team Leader
Location: Fort Madison, IA
Located on the shores of the majestic Mississippi River in an affordable and vibrant community, we are seeking an exceptional individual to join our team as a Wastewater Supervisor.
- Create efficient work schedules to optimize the productivity of our workforce.
- Inspire, train, and guide employees in adhering to safe work practices and standards.
- Manage labor costs effectively.
- Procure high-quality supplies and repair parts.
- Ensure the safety of employees by monitoring machinery and equipment.
- Enforce the plant's comprehensive safety program.
- Comply with all OSHA safety regulations and standards.
- Maintain equipment and operate within the maintenance budget, while adhering to the union contract and USDA regulations.
- Promote a team-oriented environment, prioritizing personnel safety, food safety, and uptime.
- Oversee the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and monitoring of the wastewater treatment facility and its processes.
- Manage the underground sewer system and ensure compliance with state and federal operating regulations.
- Conduct sampling, monitoring, and testing to meet the wastewater treatment process, storm water, and sludge management regulations.
- Assist with the installation and inspection of new wastewater equipment and services.
- Supervise the installation, maintenance, and repair of the physical plant, pump stations, and their components.
- Schedule and oversee regular and unscheduled maintenance and repairs on all plant equipment and machinery, involving both operators and contractors.
Note: Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in a related field preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred
- Prior supervisory experience is a must
- Proficient in reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, blueprints, schematics, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Excellent verbal communication skills to effectively address groups of customers or employees
- Strong numerical aptitude and ability to perform calculations
- Ability to apply basic algebra and geometry concepts
- Capability to solve practical problems and handle various real-life scenarios
- Aptitude for comprehending instructions provided in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Familiarity and experience with Preventive Maintenance programs