The Automation Engineer is responsible for supporting and advancing automation systems in the plant. This role involves troubleshooting manufacturing issues, optimizing system performance, and analyzing plant data. The Automation Engineer collaborates with the engineering and operations teams to develop control system specifications for plant expansion projects in Wisconsin.
- Perform tasks related to the maintenance of control and networking systems, including preventative and emergency maintenance.
- Assist in selecting plant equipment and determine control system requirements.
- Manage external controls vendors and ensure work requirements are clearly defined and delivered.
- Develop and modify programs to ensure smooth plant processes.
- Create user-friendly graphical interfaces and process diagrams for HMI development.
- Establish control system standards, including maintenance replacement plans for aging or problematic equipment.
- Manage controls cabinets and ensure proper documentation and maintenance.
- Collaborate with IT network engineers to ensure optimal controls network communications and minimize performance or security risks.
- Work with IT to address security risks and promote secure practices.
- Maintain proper inventory of controls system spare parts to minimize downtime risks.
- Ensure proper licensing and support of controls software and hardware.
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related controls or automation technical degree, or equivalent work experience preferred.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in controls engineering within the food processing, beverage processing, or dairy processing industry.
· Proficiency in Allen Bradley PLCs, related components, and Logix programming.
· Experience using HMI development tools such as Factory Talk View, Aveva InTouch, and related systems.
· Thorough understanding of automation technologies, control system design, and troubleshooting methodologies.
· Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with internal teams and external resources.