Senior Property Accountant
We are currently seeking a Lead Property Accountant to join our team in Cincinnati, OH. As an integrated property development, construction, and management company, we are dedicated to revitalizing urban neighborhoods and are known for our expertise in historic preservation, mixed-use urban development, senior living communities, and affordable housing that rivals market-rate housing.
In this role, the Lead Property Accountant will be responsible for performing and reviewing financial and accounting processes, as well as reporting for the company and its partners. Collaborating closely with the Director of Property Accounting, Staff Accountant, Property Managers, and other stakeholders, the Lead Accountant will ensure accurate and timely bookkeeping, financial reporting, and analysis.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Director in conducting the monthly closing process and reviewing completed journal entries.
- Completing essential reconciliations on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Taking the lead in preparing financial statements for all properties.
- Supporting the Director in conducting analytical reviews of portfolio results with Property Managers and other stakeholders.
- Preparing compliance and investor reporting, including debt and REO schedules.
- Assisting with property audits and fulfilling tax return requests.
- Collaborating with the Director and Property Managers in preparing and reviewing budgets.
- Assisting with cash management in complex property structures.
- Supporting Property Managers in reviewing tenant ledgers and making necessary adjustments.
- Conducting ad hoc projects and providing analysis to support strategic decision making.
- Exhibiting strong leadership skills to foster exceptional team performance.