A full-time Automation Engineer is needed in Merrillville, IN to work in a high-paced and challenging environment that offers a variety of engineering applications. This role involves experiences in hardware design, network design, database development, robotics programming, software development, and field commissioning. Customers come from various industries such as automotive, chemical, consumer product, food & beverage, and material handling.
As an Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for project management and execution. This includes tasks like electrical control design, programming, commissioning, panel build supervision, and field commissioning.
This company is a fast-growing systems integrator that provides ample opportunities for advancement. You can choose a career path that aligns with your goals and talents, whether it's becoming a technical expert, a project team leader, or branching into technical sales.
Products and Engineering Services Offered:
- Design and Deployment of Turnkey Robotic Cells for tasks like packing, palletizing, and machine tending
- Full Control System Design including PLC programming, HMI design, SCADA, and MES
- Control Panel Design for PLC, HMI, and drive systems
- Control Panel Assembly in our panel shop for our designs and the designs of others
- Field Service for assisting customers with down equipment situations
- Remote Support via telephone and VPN to assist customers
- Commissioning to bring our designs to full operation
- Design control systems
- Manage project scope based on written specifications and verbal descriptions
- Ensure that designs meet NEC code and UL508A
- Program PLCs and operator interfaces from brands like Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Automation Direct, and Mitsubishi
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues during system commissioning
- Communicate directly with customers regarding project status
- Manage multiple projects from concept to commissioning
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Develop software applications using Visual Basic, C#, Python, and SQL Server (preferred but not required)
- Create written scopes and material budgets for quotations
- 3 to 10 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechatronics, or related field
- Ability to travel up to 20% (mostly local travel to customer sites)
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.