Location: Pittsburgh, PA
A rapidly growing manufacturing company with an acquisition-oriented approach and a strong sense of family is seeking a Cost Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Conducting monthly variance analysis;
- Investigating and resolving cycle count variances;
- Validating cost of goods sold during month-end close;
- Reconciling the inventory sub-ledger with the general ledger;
- Directing and participating in cost analyses, rate studies, and analysis of standard manufacturing costs;
- Overseeing all aspects of inventory management, including physical inventory and inventory reconciliations;
- Identifying weaknesses in internal controls and costing system processes related to inventory and costs and improving transactional integrity;
- Proposing process changes to enhance efficiency and accuracy in financial reporting and data management;
- Collaborating with operations management to identify performance improvement opportunities and cost reduction measures;
- Ensuring the accuracy of standard cost systems in collaboration with plant operations;
- Identifying key cost drivers and developing user-friendly reports to communicate their relevance.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field;
- At least three years of experience in cost accounting within the manufacturing industry;
- Proficiency in standard, weighted average, and actual cost accounting methods and techniques;
- Experience with fully integrated ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics is a plus);
- Familiarity with COGNOS Business Intelligence, Crystal Reports, and advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred.