Electrical Controls Engineer
Electrical Systems Engineer
We are an industrial control system integrator that collaborates with OEM's and users to meet their specific requirements. We are seeking a dedicated individual to join our team in West Chicago, IL. As an Electrical Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing the entire lifecycle of new projects, from conception to commissioning, as well as providing ongoing support for existing systems.
Your expertise in Rockwell (AB) products and software will be highly valued in this role. You will be extensively involved in project execution and must have exceptional time management skills to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Create electrical schematics and design hardware using AutoCAD.
- Collaborate with and support panel shop activities for panel build projects.
- Program PLCs, focusing on Allen-Bradley products but also accommodating other controllers as required by our clients.
- Develop HMI programming using Allen-Bradley FactoryTalk View SE, FactoryTalk View Me, and PanelView systems. Familiarity with Maple Systems and other brands is also necessary.
- Program and configure VFDs, predominantly ABB and AB brands, with advanced proficiency.
- Handle servo and motion control programming.
- Effectively manage your schedule across multiple projects and communicate with other team members and clients.
- Regularly travel to both local and remote customer sites, primarily for project-related work and as determined by project timelines.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, as well as perform repairs and modifications on mechanical, electrical, or software components of equipment to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist with equipment start-up, checkout, installation, and testing.
- Exhibit excellent customer relations skills and strong interpersonal skills, including a diplomatic approach.
- Perform any other necessary duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Proficiency in hardware design and selection according to the National Electrical Code and UL 508 requirements.
- Availability for travel to customer sites, both local and remote.