Maintenance and Engineering Team
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all aspects of equipment maintenance projects and production requests to achieve optimal production quality and quantity. They will support the company's policies, goals, and objectives. The equipment systems they will handle include utilities, mixing, dividing/molding, proofing, baking, cooling, and packaging.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate on continuous improvement initiatives for the production facility, including planning and executing improvement projects.
- Supervise and guide maintenance technicians working on three different shifts.
- Manage maintenance personnel, including creating weekly schedules and evaluating and approving overtime.
- Collaborate with upper management to ensure the plant and manufacturing assets continuously improve in terms of quality and efficiency.
- Schedule work appropriately to maximize productivity and minimize plant downtime, enhancing plant efficiency.
- Implement measures to minimize unscheduled downtime by effectively managing technicians.
- Oversee the maintenance staff by delegating responsibilities, administering policies and procedures, assigning work, planning, organizing, directing, and following up on tasks.
- Identify equipment and automation weaknesses and report them to the Co-President.
- Ensure the smooth daily operation of the plant with minimal recurring issues.
- Evaluate and propose improvements to manufacturing processes.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures, actively promoting a safety culture within the site.
- Ensure availability of spare parts and maintain a well-organized inventory of spare parts.
- Develop and implement a preventative maintenance program for facility equipment.
- Maintain and upgrade equipment, develop and implement new procedures and methods, and enhance production flow to reduce costs and/or improve productivity and quality.
- Ensure all employees understand and adhere to department objectives, company policies, and procedures.
- Conduct performance reviews, set goals, provide development opportunities, and offer coaching to department staff members.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and the ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team of maintenance professionals
- At least 2 years of experience in a management or leadership role
- At least 2 years of experience in maintenance within a high-speed production facility, including preventive and corrective maintenance across various systems
- Effective analysis and troubleshooting skills for mechanical and electrical systems
- Proficient in computer applications
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, MS Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of robotics is a plus
- Understanding of safety and food safety protocols
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs