Speech Language Pathologist
- LOCATION: Waverly, NY (Located in the Southern Tier region of New York State)
- FULL-TIME POSITION - DIRECT HIRE.
- PERMANENT POSITION, OR CONSIDERATION FOR TRAVEL ROLE.
- ACCEPTING CANDIDATES IN CFY PROGRAM.
- ATTRACTIVE COMPENSATION PACKAGE BASED ON EXPERIENCE.
- COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE.
- WORK SETTING: Skilled Nursing Facility.
- Our team is seeking qualified Speech-Language Pathologists who play a vital role in the care and well-being of our residents. You will assess and recommend speech-language therapy treatment plans, conduct audiometric screenings, and collaborate with physicians for optimal resident care. This position requires a commitment to providing the highest quality of care at all times.
1. Evaluate and screen residents for communication disorders following requests; develop and document therapy plans of care as needed.
2. Coordinate audiometric screenings and referrals for audiology evaluations or treatments, when necessary.
3. Initiate speech-language therapy plans according to physician orders; maintain regular communication with the physician during resident therapy programs.
4. Respect and prioritize the rights and well-being of residents during all interactions.
5. Maintain comprehensive documentation including evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries for residents in speech-language treatment programs.
6. Collaborate with staff members to address the unique needs of residents and integrate speech-language treatment programs with other disciplines.
7. Attend Resident Care Planning and Family/Resident Care Plan Review meetings for residents under speech-language treatment.
8. Manage records including statistical reports, in-service education information, budget details, and material/equipment inventory.
9. Complete statistical reports for Medicare billing and assessment forms as required.
10. Attend staff meetings and participate in in-service training.
11. Assist in developing and conducting in-service training programs for facility personnel involved in resident care.
12. Perform annual reviews of written speech-language policies and procedures and make necessary updates.
13. Ensure program costs align with the annual budget.
14. Adhere to safety rules and practices to guarantee the well-being of staff, residents, and visitors.
15. Generate and implement ideas that enhance resident care quality and increase productivity and satisfaction.
16. Uphold the service excellence standards and goals for this position and facility staff.
17. Demonstrate exceptional customer service to residents, staff, and visitors.
18. Fulfill other duties assigned by supervisor, management staff, or Administrator.
• Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited school.
• Must hold a valid New York State license as a Speech-Language Pathologist.
• Preferred certification of clinical competence from the American Speech and Hearing Association.
• Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically with others.
• Verification of qualifications by the New York State Department of Health, Office of Rehabilitation Therapies (license number/certification number).
• Strong commitment to maintaining excellence in all assigned tasks.
• Demonstrated alignment with the organization's vision, mission, and core values including Integrity, Teamwork, Passion for Excellence, and Reverence for the Individual.
- ABOUT THE AREA: Waverly, NY, the largest village in Tioga County, is nestled in the scenic Southern Tier region of New York State. The area offers proximity to state colleges, museums showcasing Native American history, and stunning architectural gems along Chemung Street and Park and Pennsylvania Avenues. Enjoy delectable cuisine at local restaurants and explore unique shops, or consider a stay at a charming Victorian bed and breakfast. Nature enthusiasts will appreciate the serene surroundings of this exceptional community.