- Full-time Position.
- Direct Employment Opportunity.
- Recent Graduates of Rehabilitation Programs Welcome.
- Competitive Salary, commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package.
- Opportunities for Professional Advancement and Job Security.
- Innovative Training Initiatives.
- Location: Hornell, NY (Situated in the Finger Lakes region)
The Rehabilitation Professional assesses the condition of individuals upon admission and designs and implements therapy plans that aim to manage their conditions, prevent further impairments, and promote long-term well-being.
The primary objective is to enhance mobility, alleviate discomfort, and prevent disability through exercises, manual therapy, and other therapeutic techniques.
- Evaluate the condition of individuals and create suitable rehabilitation plans.
- Assist individuals in enhancing their mobility.
- Alleviate discomfort through exercises, hands-on therapy, stretching, and specialized devices.
- Instruct individuals on the use of rehabilitation equipment.
- Support individuals in their tasks and monitor their progress.
- Inform individuals about the different stages of their recovery and guide them through each situation.
- Maintain confidentiality to ensure individual trust and protect facility operations.
- Supervise the activities of rehabilitation assistants, when necessary.
- Promote a safe and clean work environment.
- Adhere to infection control policies and protocols to safeguard individuals and staff.
- Comply with legal and professional requirements at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Contribute to the interdisciplinary team's efforts in providing comprehensive care.
- Graduate of an accredited Rehabilitation Program
- Hold a valid license for Rehabilitation Practice in New York State
- Prior experience in skilled nursing/long-term care is advantageous.
- About the Region: Located in Steuben County, Hornell offers the charm of a small-town environment with the convenience of city amenities. The beautiful Finger Lakes region provides abundant opportunities for recreational activities and communing with nature. The vicinity is home to two state parks and four county parks, all offering easy access to boating, fishing, kayaking, hiking, skiing, wine tours, shopping, and fine dining. Additionally, Alfred University's Wildwood campus is in proximity, offering vocational and occupational education programs. The city is 45 minutes away from Corning, 30 minutes from Watkins Glen, and an hour's drive from Rochester.